franciscanheart Posted February 2, 2005 Posted February 2, 2005 Okay forget LIFETEEN, who has been on a YOUTH 2000 retreat? They are put on all over the country by a group of young people along with the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal (in the Bronx). It is one of the most awesome retreats I have ever been on. I've been to anywhere from 4 to 6 of them (once a year) and I have loved it every time. Okay.... so have [b]you[/b] been?
karin Posted February 2, 2005 Posted February 2, 2005 I have been!!! i have been!!! Oh man it is sooooo awesome!! This year will be my third year. On april 1 2 and 3. i cant wait i look foreward to it all year! Omgosh!
jp2_rules Posted February 2, 2005 Posted February 2, 2005 yeah, i love YOUTH 2000. i have been to 5, i think. i served on the steering committee for 3 years, before i left this past year for college. Cincy puts on a great Y2K retreat every year. we've had as many as 1,300 ppl attend. and the FFRs are amazing ppl!! the brothers, fathers and sisters are all awesome. our retreats are always done with both the Franciscans and Dominicans, being that the parish that has sponsored it is Dominican.
Sammy Blaze Posted February 2, 2005 Posted February 2, 2005 I just got back from one, the Friars are awesome
karin Posted February 2, 2005 Posted February 2, 2005 does anyone in the dallas area know if they are going to it in april yet? it will be good. ^^ you dont like it?
franciscanheart Posted February 2, 2005 Author Posted February 2, 2005 karin youre in dallas? did i know that? im sure SEAS will be going and if they are i will go with them
azaelia Posted February 3, 2005 Posted February 3, 2005 I've been going to Youth 2000 (or Journey as it's called in Maine) for four or five years. I'll probably keep going until they tell me I'm too old, and then I'll chaperone. Father Terry is from Maine.
RemnantRules Posted February 3, 2005 Posted February 3, 2005 To Clarify...They also live in Yonkers, New Jersey, The Bronxs, and their new home in Hondurus. ...And yes SEAS will be there in April....I've been to about 5 or 6 maybe 7. I've lost count. I've been to the ones in Ft. Worth/Dallas, San Angelo, and North Little Rock, Arkansas....all GREAT! every time I go I try to meet a new Brother. I always LOVE Fr. Terry's, Fr. Bob's, Fr. Bernard, and Br. Augostino's talks!!! God Bless Jason Gregory
karin Posted February 3, 2005 Posted February 3, 2005 oooh yeah bro augusttino last year was so funn did you go last eyar? when he gave that talk with the hats. i also LOVE father bob. I got the forms for the retreat tonight
franciscanheart Posted February 3, 2005 Author Posted February 3, 2005 Hey Jason Do you think you could give angela a heads up that I want to go with yall? My first one (or maybe it was second) was the one in Arlington. Maybe my first one was the one at .... sheesh whats the name of that town? *shrug* when i remember ill post again
franciscanheart Posted February 3, 2005 Author Posted February 3, 2005 oh and karin if i go we can definitely meet.
karin Posted February 3, 2005 Posted February 3, 2005 oh yay that would be so awesome i would finally get to meet a pmers that i didnt introduce to pm in the first place!
franciscanheart Posted February 3, 2005 Author Posted February 3, 2005 Yeah thatd be cool. youre coming to phatmass 05 right?
karin Posted February 3, 2005 Posted February 3, 2005 uum i dont know what it is. sorry *blushing furiously*
Karinsbestfriend Posted February 3, 2005 Posted February 3, 2005 ok, so who all is going? to the youth 2000 I mean
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now