An Old School Catholic Message Board

Eucharistic Miracles

goldenchild17

[quote name='DonCamillo' date='Feb 16 2005, 03:42 PM'] If Christ blood type is of type AB, and we receive blood from him,
(remember Blood type AB can only give to type AB)
another miracle (other than transsubtantiation) must happen during the sacrement of the Eucharist, so that we can receive the blood the Christ without adverse consequences....

Or is the blood we receive is transformed to a type that we can receive?....

Another eucharistic mystery, has the church or anyone already written something about this? [/quote]
Jesus' "blood type" has no bearing on how he is sacramentally received.

if his blood type is in fact AB, this is only evident via Eucharistic miracles, [i][b]when the accidents reveal the substance[/b][/i]. since we do not consume the product of these miracles--or, put another way, since we do not consume his body and blood when the accidents reveal the substance--his blood type and how we could receive it is irrelevant. we only consume his body and blood under the veil of bread and wine, when the accidents [i][b]do not[/b][/i] reveal the substance. when you put the consecrated wine under a microscope you will only find the chemical make of wine, not the chemical makeup of AB blood.

so, no miracle is necessary to transform his blood type into something we can receive without adverse consequences.

argent_paladin

I remember when I first read about some of these miracles. My first thought was "Why haven't I heard this before? I would have converted long ago!

But, I am also a big sceptic (I once thought it would be cool if I could be on one of the Vatican's teams that goes around investigating miracles). I was wondering if anyone has done DNA analysis of the blood from the various miracles to determine whether they are all identical. It would seem that that would be irrefutable evidence of its authenticity. I mean, it is impossible to fake and we didn't even know about DNA testing 20 years ago. Also, DNA testing would reveal specific traits about Our Lord that might be unknown to us at present.