An Old School Catholic Message Board

Radio interview

Susan

Did anyone hear the radio interview with the prioress and another sister of the Dominican Nuns in NJ? It was on yesterday on Holy Spirit Radio. It was really good! They talked about their contemplative life and they sound really happy! :P I wish they could've been on longer. One of the interviewers kept inserting long commentaries which limited the time the nuns spoke. :angry: At the end Sr. Mary Catharine spoke briefly about a book she wrote, Amata Means Beloved. I think you can buy it from the monastery. Their web is www.op.org/nunsopsummit. Someone one told me that right now they have an aspirant from Japan! :P

What's a link to Holy Spirit Radio?

I ask this, because I'm getting ready to start advertising my ministry, once we launch it and have a domain! And would like to do an interview on a few radio stations. Even if it's not local, we do get more people, helping to bring the message of Catholicism to more people.

Edited by the_rev

Hi! [url="http://www.holyspiritradio.org"]Holy Spirit Radio[/url] is out of Doylestown, PA. You can listen to a live online feed.
Unfortunately, you can't listen to programs after they air so no, there is no link for the nuns' interview! :angry:

Do yout hink when I kick my ministry off they would do an interview?

Is this a Relevant Radio station?

Looks a lot like the schedule our Catholic Station has.

Is it international.

argent_paladin

I love Dominican nuns :wub:
When I was a novice I was assigned a nun as a prayer partner, Sr. Mary Nazareth. She passed to eternal life this past winter. Now she is praying for me in heaven!

I also have a great story of going to the beach with Dominican nuns!! :o :cool: :clap:
In 2000, the Dominicans decided to found a new monastery for Dominican nuns in Surrey, British Columbia. So, monasteries from all over the US donated a nun to go to the new monastery. They were in temporary quarters (that is, the bishop hadn't officially instituted papal cloister) so they could go out with us!! There were 14 Dominican novices, a novice master and about 6 nuns. We went to a resturant, I think a Denny's. One of then nuns told me that she hadn't been to a resturant in 40 years!
Then we went to the beach and some walked along the beach and some just sat on a log, watching the water. Of course, this whole time we were all in our habits! Sweet.

[quote name='argent_paladin' date='Feb 25 2005, 04:59 AM']I love Dominican nuns  :wub:
When I was a novice I was assigned a nun as a prayer partner, Sr. Mary Nazareth. She passed to eternal life this past winter. Now she is praying for me in heaven!

I also have a great story of going to the beach with Dominican nuns!! :o  :cool:  :clap:
In 2000, the Dominicans decided to found a new monastery for Dominican nuns in Surrey, British Columbia. So, monasteries from all over the US donated a nun to go to the new monastery. They were in temporary quarters (that is, the bishop hadn't officially instituted papal cloister) so they could go out with us!! There were 14 Dominican novices, a novice master and about 6 nuns. We went to a resturant, I think a Denny's. One of then nuns told me that she hadn't been to a resturant in 40 years!
Then we went to the beach and some walked along the beach and some just sat on a log, watching the water. Of course, this whole time we were all in our habits! Sweet.[/quote]
I love 'em, too. I think a lot of young women who are thinking of contemplative life don't know about them and think Dominicans only teach. Most of the monasteries have Adoration or Perpetual Rosary and some have both. They have a lot of joy and a nice family spirit. Whenever I'm with them I'm always laughing!

My favorite Dominican monastery is the one in [url="http://www.op.org/nunsopsummit"]Summit[/url]...if you haven't noticed already! :cool: Their singing is SO beautiful! Sometimes they sing Latin, too. There are 15 nuns in the community and lately have been receiving some aspirants!

Sorry if this is irrelevant to the conversation... EWTN Radio does segments in between their shows where they interview sisters (and sometimes priests/brothers) on how they heard the call to religious life. They only last for a few minutes, but it's always great to hear.

Edited by Totus Tuus

I heard one of those today! I don't generally listen to Catholic radio, but I was driving back to school, and one of my lenten resolutions is to pray the Divine Mercy chaplet. It was 3, so I turned it on the station and right before they played an interview with Fr. Robert Fox. It was pretty cool.