An Old School Catholic Message Board

God is calling...

littleflower+JMJ

Hey!! Wow... That gives me goosebumps too!! Tee hee... It can be sort of scary at first, but surrendering to God is the hard part, it seems that it gets easier after that. Because I find in after praying and telling God I will do His will alone, I feel at peace for Gods will is right.

I pray that we might all do Gods will, to answere Gods calling whatever that may be!!

Love in Christ, Marjorie

Catholictothecore

I don't think surrendering to God is hard; [i]continuously[/i] surrendering, [i]that's[/i] the hard part. Saying "Yes, dear God, I will do what ask." is easy [i]once[/i]. Evey second of every day...that's where our nature comes in against us.

I was reading a book on the autobiographies of twenty sisters written in '57 today, and one of them said something so profound... she was talking about how God utilizes everything about our feminine psyches when He's calling us; He appears as the Infant at Nazareth longing to be held, the suffering Son on the Cross longing to be carressed. He does this to "call" us, where as if we truly understood the unfathomable nature of His Love, we would find ourselves begging to be taken in!
But I digress. That is a wonderful saying ^_^

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Dudette' date='Feb 22 2005, 05:51 PM'] Maybe it's me, but I don't think surrendering to God isn't that hard. [/quote]
Yes, sometimes it can be relatively easy, but other times it can be very difficult.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Feb 24 2005, 06:59 PM']
He appears as the Infant at Nazareth longing to be held, the suffering Son on the Cross longing to be carressed. He does this to "call" us, where as if we truly understood the unfathomable nature of His Love, we would find ourselves begging to be taken in! [/quote]
I can relate to this...

I know, that is such a great book. You guys would love "The Privilege of Being a Woman" by Alice von Hildebrand, from Sepientia Press (Ave Maria University). It's got some excellent references to the parallels between women and the role of religious life in the world.