An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm in Trouble!

the_rev

So I was walking by a local funeral home, and I saw a woman dressed in clerics. I naturally knew that she wasn't a priest, but I went up to her and said:

"Last time I checked, the Catholic Church only allowed men to be priests, are you an exception?"

She got mad and explained to me she was a protestant minister, like if I was dumb!

Just thought I'd share this rather funny experience.

[quote name='the_rev' date='Feb 22 2005, 07:18 AM'] She got mad and explained to me she was a protestant minister, like if I was dumb! [/quote]
Then why did you ask? :rolleyes:

argent_paladin

The funny thing about that is that women ministers tend to wear clerics much more than men. Even though they say that they don't want to be "clerical" or "hierarchical" or be set apart from the laity, female ministers wear the collar much more than male ones. I guess symbols really are important. Now if we could just get Catholic priests to wear the collar as much as protestant women ministers...

Catholictothecore

or where their habits away from Mass as well.

OH, YEAH! There was priest, the youngest in our diocese, that was shot and killed a few weeks ago! The police didn't press the matter much; they just didn't excerise the fact that it might easily have been homicide. This still gets me crazed!

This thread brought this back to my attention cause he'd wear the long black clothes.

littleflower+JMJ

i didn't know how sheltered i was till i met a guy who was dressed like the bishop or priest who wasn't even catholic but like baptist or something....

my jaw dropped after i asked him what diocese he was from and realized he wasnt' catholic.....

talk about weirded out :mellow:

Catholictothecore

(looks at crusader) Whatever...all I know is, if God ends up directing me to a diocesean ministry, I'll wear the full-length...thingy. Whatever it's called.