jiyoung Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 i love what i've heard of this musical so far someone burned me a cd and it has "defying gravity" on it. it's SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!! ...just thought i'd share...
Soldier4Him Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 i'm obsessed with that musical. i actually just saw it on Broadway from the 2nd row in the beginning of January. it was incredible!
Catholictothecore Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 oh...a play...that, I know. If I don't become a priest, I'd like to direct and write plays and/or movies, and yes, this is my way of saying I've never heard of it before.
franciscanheart Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 i am too!! i cant believe you havent heard the whole thing!! you need to just buy the cd!! its amazing!! my favorite song right now is "for good" although it has been "popular", "defying gravity", "one short day", "im not that girl", and "what is this feeling?"
franciscanheart Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 last year during musical (into the woods) this is like all we listened to in the dressing rooms. then we'd listen in our cars on the way to our afterparties, at our afterparties, before we went to bed, during theatre class.... all the time talk about obsessed!!
Catholictothecore Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 So, someone explain? What's the premise? Is it a rock opera? WHAT IS IT ABOUT!
jiyoung Posted March 12, 2005 Author Posted March 12, 2005 it's the story of the wicked witch of the west, elphaba, and glinda, and their "unlikely friendship" and all. what i'm liking is how you can gather most of the story from the songs. helps that ALL my friends have told me what it's about, though...i'm in show choir and last year hart high school did defying gravity, and it was SO GOOD...it's like all the rage to do wicked songs now. does make for overdoing, but ah, well. i wanna get the cd! but i'm poor. heh...
Catholictothecore Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 THAT sounds good! Not to mention, goofy. My fav musical is...no, that's a rock opera. So, it would be...no, that's a rock opera, as well. If Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote it, I can enjoy it! (ment generaly to the realization that just about all the things he was gonna say were written by ALW)
jiyoung Posted March 12, 2005 Author Posted March 12, 2005 i believe this one was written by...stephen schwartz? it's so good musically. i'm loving it.
crusader1234 Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 I saw Kristen Chenowith on PBS once with my grandma (lol) and thought she was really funny and she preformed a lot of songs from this. She's on the West Wing now
franciscanheart Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 go here if you want to learn about it!! [url="http://www.wickedthemusical.com/"]http://www.wickedthemusical.com/[/url]
franciscanheart Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 [url="http://www.theatre-musical.com/wicked/libretto.html"]--Lyrics for Act I[/url] at the bottom is a link to the act II lyrics
franciscanheart Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 ELPHABA I'm limited: Just look at me - I'm limited And just look at you - You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda So now it's up to you For both of us Now it's up to you... GLINDA I've heard it said That people come into our lives for a reason Bringing something we must learn And we are led To those who help us most to grow If we let them And we help them in return Well, I don't know if I believe that's true But I know I'm who I am today Because I knew you... Like a comet pulled from orbit As it passes a sun Like a stream that meets a boulder Halfway through the wood Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you I have been changed for good ELPHABA It well may be That we will never meet again In this lifetime So let me say before we part So much of me Is made of what I learned from you You'll be with me Like a handprint on my heart And now whatever way our stories end I know you have re-written mine By being my friend: Like a ship blown from its mooring By a wind off the sea Like a seed dropped by a skybird In a distant wood Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you... GLINDA Because I knew you... BOTHI have been changed for good ELPHABA And just to clear the air I ask forgiveness For the things I've done you blame me for GLINDA But then, I guess we know There's blame to share BOTH And none of it seems to matter anymore GLINDA Like a comet pulled From orbit as it Passes a sun, like A stream that meets A boulder, half-way Through the wood ELPHABA Like a ship blown Off it's mooring By a wind off the Sea, like a seed Dropped by a Bird in the wood BOTH Who can say if I've been changed for the better? I do believe I have been changed for the better GLINDA And because I knew you... ELPHABA Because I knew you... BOTH Because I knew you... I have been changed for good. :wub:
jiyoung Posted March 12, 2005 Author Posted March 12, 2005 wheeeee xD i think i'll try defying gravity...
franciscanheart Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 okay who's read the book? im working on it
jiyoung Posted March 12, 2005 Author Posted March 12, 2005 there are groups that wanna do For Good for their ballads this year. and the next.
Catholictothecore Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 hmmm...sounds good, but I think the sleep is starting to come for me.
ForHimAlone Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 Our choir is singing "For Good." I really like it. I also love "Defying Gravity." For our choir's New York trip, we were possibly going to see Wicked, but now we're going to see Phantom instead. I can't wait to see Wicked, though! Looks great!
franciscanheart Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 i love that song so much. i think bc it hits so close to home right now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now