An Old School Catholic Message Board

Freemasonary

Timothy

What is your stance on Freemasonry? Why or Why Not?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jedi_StClaire

I don't like the masons. I went to the Shrine Circus friday and I was annoyed that they had a banner saying "the masons need a few good men". This was at a family event!

And I didn't want to clap during the introduction of their "board of directors" because I know that its not a good idea to clap for members of a cult.

(The reason I went is because my brother's mother in law's employer had gotten free passes and gave them to my sister in law. My brother, myself and my 3 1/2 year old niece went to the Circus friday night. Don't worry, I only had lemonade, though those hotdogs looked tempting...... :P )

I'm glad the tickets were free.........

Is the Shriners hospital related to the cultish activities?

-------> Would rather support Saint Jude's hospital.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Mar 20 2005, 04:27 PM'] The Shrine Circus is associated with the Freemasons ??! :huh: [/quote]
Yup.

Catholictothecore

i voted truthfully in that I know vry little about Freemasonry, only that the Chruch condemns it; that's good enough for me in it. I know that the Church forbids Catholics to beolng to secret societies, this one particularly, becasue some of the secrets are quite often that they are anti-Catholic and wage closed war on it.

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='Mar 20 2005, 02:22 PM'] We are called to behave as Christians towards everyone. I found the easiest way to approach Freemasons is not to be apprehensive. Keep in mind they are a secret society, and many in the lower ranks are not aware of what truly lies behind the society's public front. Most are blisfully unaware of what they are getting into. I would casually bring certain topics up in discussion, such as speaking about the faith the Methodists and Catholics can share, and then move on from there. Establish some common ground that you both agree on first. Just remember, Charity is the virtue that Christians are to eximplify towards all. [/quote]
This is great advice! I started this poll to inform those who do not know much about masons and the horribly flawed foundation in which they were built. They have slaughtered many Catholics throughout history, and what has been said here thus far is all true. The reality is that the majority of us probably have a few friends or at least know a few masons, but just don’t realize it. As good Christians we must all equip ourselves with knowledge of the Truth, which we are doing here. When the time comes, we should always love our enemy, correct and educate them when given the opportunity.

If there are any masons amongst us that thought they were just joining a fraternity, please listen closely to what is being said here. Please take the time to study the history of this group, seek guidance from Christ, and repent.

Melchisedec

[quote name='Timothy' date='Mar 21 2005, 11:31 AM'] This is great advice! I started this poll to inform those who do not know much about masons and the horribly flawed foundation in which they were built. They have slaughtered many Catholics throughout history, and what has been said here thus far is all true. The reality is that the majority of us probably have a few friends or at least know a few masons, but just don’t realize it. As good Christians we must all equip ourselves with knowledge of the Truth, which we are doing here. When the time comes, we should always love our enemy, correct and educate them when given the opportunity.

If there are any masons amongst us that thought they were just joining a fraternity, please listen closely to what is being said here. Please take the time to study the history of this group, seek guidance from Christ, and repent. [/quote]
The original masons such as The Knights Templar fought along side Catholics during the crusades. They amassed a large amount of wealth and help create the first banking systems. But later on, they were discovered to be involved in strange rituals. One account has a man entering a templar castle only to see a templar worshiping the baphomet. Another account was that they befriended the saracens of the middle east and we considered traitors. Once they were declared enemies of the church, they were rounded up and tortured until confessed. Its hard to really determine if what they confessed really truly occured. But it included mentions of wierd rituals and rites.

The modern day masonic lodges are still deeply secretive and are definitely what you would consider devil worshipers. While alot of people in the lower levels would never get to fully realize. But once deeper in, they declare themselves worhsippers of the ancient pagan god. Lucifer. Bearer of light. And that this god was the original god of old that was casts down by the christian god. We live in a dark age, because the god of light was casts down replaced by the god of man. According to some masons.

The masons have held the knowledge and traditions of this god of old for centuries. For the most part, most initiates never know much of the belief of the higher degrees. Its become more of a business association than a religious one. But it is without doubt that masons have been in politics since the inception of the united states. And in fact, many of their symbols still persist today from currency to the monuments in washington dc.

They do indeed have very odd beliefs. Many of their "historical book" claim that they actually go way back to the building of the first temple of Solomon. They refer to God as the "grand archietect" and reduce a lot of religion to simple freeing philosophy tainted with some very messed up theology. I have read a good deal of one of thier most renowned books "Morals and Dogma." That thing is soooooo weird. It bounces from everything from numerology in the later chapters to baphomet, to making God an energy source like the Kabala (sp?), to eastern philosphies. Their philosphy and religion is so complicated and confusing, but one thing does stand out: they are not Christians.

Ash Wednesday

I researched Freemasonry some, and it sounds like arguably the most boring club one could possibly be involved in. Just a bunch of old and dusty Age of Enlightenment crapola.

I once met a man online that claimed to be both Catholic and Freemason. Talk about the strangest thing I've ever heard of.....that's like saying you side with both the Israelis and the Palestinians. Or both the United States and Al Qaida. Or both the IRA and the Crown. Or the Red Sox and the Yankees.

As far as I am aware, Fremasonry is a secret society and therefore Catholics are not to be members. Over the past few years I have heard many accusations about the Masons (e.g. their control of politics in Australia, control of the UN, etc etc etc), but I have never been provided with any sort of proof.

I have done minor research the Masons and have visited their web-sites and have only cound a community base. I have heard that in the higher ranks of the Masons there is occult practices or satanic worship. But I have yet to discover any proof of this.

Just some thoughts.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 21 2005, 02:20 PM'] I researched Freemasonry some, and it sounds like arguably the most boring club one could possibly be involved in. Just a bunch of old and dusty Age of Enlightenment crapola.

I once met a man online that claimed to be both Catholic and Freemason. Talk about the strangest thing I've ever heard of.....that's like saying you side with both the Israelis and the Palestinians. Or both the United States and Al Qaida. Or both the IRA and the Crown. Or the Red Sox and the Yankees. [/quote]
Actually. I am for both the Israelis and the Palestinians. hahaha... only because their situation can't be solved unless they both learn to live together.

nikkan_hanil

[quote name='MC Just' date='Mar 18 2005, 05:54 PM'] they the true satanists. [/quote]
Gee, kinda harsh don't you think?

[quote name='nikkan_hanil' date='Mar 22 2005, 10:46 PM'] Gee, kinda harsh don't you think? [/quote]
Lots of people say they are and mean it. haha I don't think they actually go that far but I know they do some outrageous things.

argent_paladin

[quote name='Melchisedec' date='Mar 21 2005, 11:47 AM'] The original masons such as The Knights Templar fought along side Catholics during the crusades. They amassed a large amount of wealth and help create the first banking systems. But later on, they were discovered to be involved in strange rituals. One account has a man entering a templar castle only to see a templar worshiping the baphomet. Another account was that they befriended the saracens of the middle east and we considered traitors. Once they were declared enemies of the church, they were rounded up and tortured until confessed. Its hard to really determine if what they confessed really truly occured. But it included mentions of wierd rituals and rites.
[/quote]
The Knights Templar were terminated in the 14th century. The Masons didn't arise until the 18th century. There is no actual relation. The Knights were a monastic order of knights, approved by the Church. The true descendents of the Templars, from an ecclesial point of view, are the Knights of Malta who still exist and are influential in church affairs. The calumnies against the Templars are a result of the forced confessions and other myths. The Masons tried to tie themselves to the Templars, but in fact, there is no relation.

one of Americas most signifigant presidents was a free mason....Andrew Jackson, and appears on the 20 dollar bill......we should boycott twenties.....haha...j/k

[quote name='aloha918' date='Mar 24 2005, 01:09 PM'] one of Americas most signifigant presidents was a free mason....Andrew Jackson, and appears on the 20 dollar bill......we should boycott twenties.....haha...j/k [/quote]
Umm.. Practically every president that appears on our currency is a mason! Including the 1st president. W. is a mason as well.