An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can secular humanist and theist coexist?

Melchisedec

Melchisedec

Can both secular humanist and theist continue to coexist in america for years to come? Or are the divisions among us just increasing? Whats the solution? Segregation?

hyperdulia again

We can coexist if SH's stop subtly (and not so subtly) calling T's idiots, and if T's stop attempting to badger people into belief.

Melchisedec

[quote name='hyperdulia again' date='Mar 25 2005, 10:58 AM'] We can coexist if SH's stop subtly (and not so subtly) calling T's idiots, and if T's stop attempting to badger people into belief. [/quote]
Definitely agreeable.

MichaelFilo

Neg. Any decadance from Church (and Her teachings) will lead to either full-blown hate against Her and Her followers (which will eventually lead to Her triumph later on) or lead to a revival of the Faith in tha area until a later appointed time when the decadence breaks out again and the process is repeated. Of course, the tension between the two groups will either erupt as people see how polarized the sides are, or continue as secular humanism gains more followers because the Church and Her teachings are not reaching the ears that need to hear them and so teh Church will eventually gain curious minds that will start some sort of national revival.

At least history always seems to lead to that kind of conclusion. For instance, When the Anglican Church left the Catholic Church it's beliefs were nearly identical, and when Luther spereated from the Church he still held many Catholic beliefs, and even Calvin in his day wouldn't like the Pentacostals that came out of from his teachings. However, the Anglican Church started the contraception error and the homosexual issue, Lutherns reject Mary and alot of traditions, and Pentacostals are around now. When you severe anything from a body that the Church teaches, they will distance themselves and this will cause hate (as any of these groups have very little love for the Church). Heretics and apostates (secular-humanists in this case) are hardly any different. I'd say the same for schismatics since they hat ethe Church as well, but at least they are true to Her teaching in most cases.

God bless,
Mikey

[quote name='MichaelFilo' date='Mar 25 2005, 01:53 PM'] Neg. Any decadance from Church (and Her teachings) will lead to either full-blown hate against Her and Her followers (which will eventually lead to Her triumph later on) or lead to a revival of the Faith in tha area until a later appointed time when the decadence breaks out again and the process is repeated. Of course, the tension between the two groups will either erupt as people see how polarized the sides are, or continue as secular humanism gains more followers because the Church and Her teachings are not reaching the ears that need to hear them and so teh Church will eventually gain curious minds that will start some sort of national revival.

At least history always seems to lead to that kind of conclusion. For instance, When the Anglican Church left the Catholic Church it's beliefs were nearly identical, and when Luther spereated from the Church he still held many Catholic beliefs, and even Calvin in his day wouldn't like the Pentacostals that came out of from his teachings. However, the Anglican Church started the contraception error and the homosexual issue, Lutherns reject Mary and alot of traditions, and Pentacostals are around now. When you severe anything from a body that the Church teaches, they will distance themselves and this will cause hate (as any of these groups have very little love for the Church). Heretics and apostates (secular-humanists in this case) are hardly any different. I'd say the same for schismatics since they hat ethe Church as well, but at least they are true to Her teaching in most cases.

God bless,
Mikey [/quote]
Do you know what decadence means? I am not sure you do, or at least you are using it in a very weird way. It can either mean period of decline, or if you were misspelling it and meant dec·a·dent, which is characterized by self indulgence? What did you mean?

MichaelFilo

Decline. I'm sure it makes sense if read as decline from Church teaching. I'm no expert of the English language, but I'm pretty sure it's a valid use.

God bless,
Mikey

*For the record*

Dictionary.com: Decadence

A process, condition, or period of deterioration or decline, as in morals or art; decay.

Worldnet: Decadence

n : the state of being degenerate in mental or moral qualities

Edited by MichaelFilo

Okay, got ya. I was trying to read it (because of the typo the first time) as a self indulgence and was very confused. Sorry.

Is that possible? Lol, I would benefit from that greatly! Well I suppose if one copies it to word first then yeah...

MichaelFilo

There is an online spell checker. I'd use it if my spelling is so off from the mark that it leads to confusion, which it has.

Here is the link of the online spell checker, although if you have word you'll probably want to use that.

[url="http://www.spellcheck.net/"]Spell checker[/url]

God bless,
Mikey

[quote name='MichaelFilo' date='Mar 26 2005, 02:03 PM'] Decline. I'm sure it makes sense if read as decline from Church teaching. I'm no expert of the English language, but I'm pretty sure it's a valid use.

God bless,
Mikey

*For the record*

Dictionary.com: Decadence

A process, condition, or period of deterioration or decline, as in morals or art; decay.

Worldnet: Decadence

n : the state of being degenerate in mental or moral qualities [/quote]
Michael, I think the word you intended to use was "dissidence." (state of dissent)

"Decadence" has different connotations, usually impying decline from standards to over-indulgence, "softness" excessive luxury, etc.

Melchisedec

[quote name='CarpeDiem88' date='Mar 28 2005, 10:47 AM'] They can coexist. The problem is is that the secular humanists are in the minority just no one seems to realize that. [/quote]
So are blacks and hispanics, whats your point?