An Old School Catholic Message Board

Looking For Answers.................

mp15

What's your point here Cmom? I see nothing to support that Jesus was the son of God. Only Romans that were a bit hysterical about the early Christian movment.

hyperdulia again

mp this makes me sad, i've travelled far and wide, but NEVER has iteven for a milisecond crossed my mind that Jesus was anything other than the Word Incarnate. :(

I'll pray for you.

cmotherofpirl

That is all the documentation that exists on christianity in the first century from any sources outside the Church.

As I told you before, the only documentation is in the Church.

But I don't think you are looking for documentation , you are looking for an anchor.

THat is only found in God.

mp this makes me sad, i've travelled far and wide, but NEVER has iteven for a  milisecond crossed my mind that Jesus was anything other than the Word Incarnate. :(

I'll pray for you.

Thanks hyper. Maybe I'll come away a stronger person for walking this path.

cmotherofpirl

Hyper is has crossed my mind more than once.

There are days when I thought its all a load of bunk and hot air.

And when I am a state of sin, I desperately wish it were not all true and I could do

as I beaver dam well please.

But then I go back to my inspiration.

I found my answers in the common sense writings of C S Lewis.

Edited by cmotherofpirl

That is all the documentation that exists on christianity in the first century from any sources outside the Church.

As I told you before, the only documentation is in the Church.

But I don't think you are looking for documentation , you are looking for an anchor.

THat is only found in God.

That may be, it just might not be the God of Christianity.

Well, gotta run everyone. It's been great conversing today. I've got other things I would like to discuss, but my time is spent for the day. Maybe I'll bring them up tomorrow.

Marcus

hyperdulia again

Hyper is has crossed my mind more than once.

There are days when I thought  its all a load of bunk and hot air.

And when I am a state of sin, I desperately wish it were not all true and I could do

as I beaver dam well please.

But then I go back to my inspiration.

I found my answers in the common sense  writings of C S Lewis.

Cmom, I feel like taht about the Church (frequently), but never about Christ actually thinking about it it's odd the things I've never questioned..

The deity of Christ

The Perpetual Virginity, Immaculate Conception, and Assumption of Our Lady.

The Real Presence.

The Infallibility of the Church on Matters of FAITH.

Thanks Az, that means a lot.

I have never been able to believe in blind faith. I wish I could, then it would make things so much easier. In the mean time I will continue to search for the truth. Maybe it will come maybe it wont. I guess the bright side is that I am searching. I may not like the answer, but then it may not be my choice. ;)

I'm telling you, we've all been there. In the darkest of times is when you are actually closest to God. The journey is tough, but you'll make it. The road is never easy, but you'll find yourself stronger. Everyone on this thread can offer proof and advice, but I bet they would all say that doubt has come into their minds at some point, and if it hasn't...it will.

I can offer you no proof. Other than what I know in my heart, and that's enough for me.

Just remember you never walk the path alone, even when it seems you are.

Peace bro,

Az

oh, and I second Cmom's suggestion. I know its a Christian resource, but CS Lewis was an atheist before conversion. If you want some heavy duty reading, read "The Pilgrim's Regress".

mp15,

You cannot prove God scientifically. The only time God became subject to scientific proof was when Jesus was born, lived among us, died, and rose from the dead. And the only substantial records, aside from references in Josephus, is the preservation of the Catholic writings (Bible, early church fathers). I'm sorry I can't give you the independent historical proof you request.

Since you cannot prove the existence of God scientifically in the past, please look to the future.

There is an old saying that goes something like this "tell a lie often enough and soon it will become the truth".

It's not really an old saying. Hitler said it.