An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women's Ordination

MC Just

Hey everyone...

This really isn't up for debate....there has been a definitive statement made.

I suggest reading [url="http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_22051994_ordinatio-sacerdotalis_en.html"]Ordinatio Sacerdotalis[/url]. It will answer any and all questions.

Look to #4 of said work:
[quote]Although the teaching that priestly ordination is to be reserved to men alone has been preserved by the constant and universal Tradition of the Church and firmly taught by the Magisterium in its more recent documents, at the present time in some places it is nonetheless considered still open to debate, or the Church's judgment that women are not to be admitted to ordination is considered to have a merely disciplinary force.

Wherefore, in order that all doubt may be removed regarding a matter of great importance, a matter which pertains to the Church's divine constitution itself, in virtue of my ministry of confirming the brethren (cf. Lk 22:32) I declare that the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women and that this judgment is to be definitively held by all the Church's faithful.[/quote]

End of Story.

Cam

Brother Adam

It is the end of the story, but Catholics in dissent will continue to fight it in their ignorance and arrogance.

God Conquers

And the media will continue to poll non-practicing Catholics and try to project their version of reality onto the CHurch.

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Apr 8 2005, 02:23 PM'] And the media will continue to poll non-practicing Catholics and try to project their version of reality onto the CHurch. [/quote]
Agreed.

God Conquers

And the CHurch will carry on as it always has.... completely ignoring the media.

And embarrassing them.

woohoo!!!

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 5 2005, 07:19 PM'] Woman's ordination is a insult to genuine femininity. If I was a woman and someone suggested womans ordination I'd be mad as hell. [/quote]
i am...:irate:

i find in my parish there are more MEN than women wanted women's ordination.

argent_paladin

You are right, Cam, it is not up for debate. But it is a topic that needs good catechesis. So, we need to give good reasons WHY the topic is closed. And this topic is connected to many other contentious topics like same-sex marriage, etc.

fundamentally, women cannot become priests. the Holy Father has reiterated what the church has perennially taught -- it is not w/in the power of Holy Mother Church to confer misterial priesthood upon women. Christ did not ordain the Blessed Mother, much less other women.

MichaelFilo

The Little Flower wanted to be a priest, but it was becaues of her love for the Eucharist that she wanted tobe close to Him, but I think she didn't understand the idea of being closer to Him in the Blessed Sacrament doesn't make you any closer than someone 10 feet away from you, because we all get up to receive Communion in the end.

Anyways... yes, one female saint wanted to be a priest, and she didn't follow up on it. It was more love for the Eucharist coupled with a misunderstanding than a radical female rights pro-modernist mentality that was driving her...

Just a list of why women can't be ordained :

-The Church cannot do it.

-It invalidates Apistolic lineage, which was the reason for the the Anglican church going into a state of heresay, instead of remaining in schism.

-Jesus did not ordain a single woman, even though there were 3 very good candidates if that was his intention.

-To work [i]In persona Christi[/i] would require yout be male.

-Having women priests gives no benefits to anyone, and is a sign of moral decay (EX. Any church comming from the Anglican line).

God bless,
Mikey

[quote name='MichaelFilo' date='Apr 10 2005, 05:27 PM'] The Little Flower wanted to be a priest, but it was becaues of her love for the Eucharist that she wanted tobe close to Him, but I think she didn't understand the idea of being closer to Him in the Blessed Sacrament doesn't make you any closer than someone 10 feet away from you, because we all get up to receive Communion in the end.

Anyways... yes, one female saint wanted to be a priest, and she didn't follow up on it. It was more love for the Eucharist coupled with a misunderstanding than a radical female rights pro-modernist mentality that was driving her...

Just a list of why women can't be ordained :

-The Church cannot do it.

-It invalidates Apistolic lineage, which was the reason for the the Anglican church going into a state of heresay, instead of remaining in schism.

-Jesus did not ordain a single woman, even though there were 3 very good candidates if that was his intention.

-To work [i]In persona Christi[/i] would require yout be male.

-Having women priests gives no benefits to anyone, and is a sign of moral decay (EX. Any church comming from the Anglican line).

God bless,
Mikey [/quote]
i have never heard this at all....where did you get this information?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Apr 10 2005, 11:00 PM'] i have never heard this at all....where did you get this information? [/quote]
You mean about St. Therese?

I've heard it, too...but I still haven't read Story of a Soul...yeah, yeah...I know...

[quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 10 2005, 11:34 PM'] You mean about St. Therese?

I've heard it, too...but I still haven't read Story of a Soul...yeah, yeah...I know... [/quote]
yeah....

i have story of a soul, i just haven't read it :unsure:

(yeah, yeah, i know :P)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Apr 11 2005, 01:37 AM'] yeah....

i have story of a soul, i just haven't read it :unsure:

(yeah, yeah, i know :P) [/quote]
:lol: I'm borrowing a copy...I've been borrowing it for about 6 months...

I've read about 5 pages. :ph34r:

melporcristo

Actually -- I was watching FOX or CNN, one of the two, and a women reporter was interviewing a priest about women in the Church and he cleared it up very well!
It was like Catholicism 101 and she seemed very impressed with his explaination of the women in the Priesthood [i]and[/i] priestly celebacy! Yayy for the priest who defended the Church and he was apart of the Legionaries of Christ too!! ^_^