drewmeister2 Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 (edited) Are most major news channels going to be broadcasting it live, including ETWN? Edited April 8, 2005 by drewmeister2
fmjag06 Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 It seems (based upon the yahoo TV Listings) that EWTN, the networks, and the cable news stations all will be broadcasting live. However, the start of coverage seems to vary between 3 ET and 4ET, with some at 10 or 15 minute intervals.
the_rev Posted April 8, 2005 Author Posted April 8, 2005 Could someone record the Pope's funeral from EWTN for me, I will watch it, but let's say I"m thoroughly disgusted with hold time. I will make a post about it later. I will pay someone a sum of money to record the pope's funeral.
Tony Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 (edited) [quote name='drewmeister2' date='Apr 7 2005, 11:07 PM'] Are most major news channels going to be broadcasting it live, including ETWN? [/quote] The stations my guide says are showing the funeral are NBC CBS ABC EWTN WGN CSPAN MSNBC Fox News ( I don't see it on just plain fox but its possible) I also dont see it on CNN but possislbe Univision might broadcast it En Espanol but possible I dont get Telemundo, Galavision, or Telefutura to know about those Edited April 8, 2005 by Tony
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 [quote name='megrc' date='Apr 7 2005, 06:53 PM'] I know that I'm not going to be able to get up that early, so I am going to tape it and watch it later. By the Way, for anyone who lives in Houston, Texas: A Journey for John Paul II What: The University of St. Thomas students will lead a 2 mile procession from Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral to the university campus in honor of the Pope. Then, at 3:00 a.m. we will watch the funeral LIVE outside on our Campus Life Mall. When: Thursday, April 7 at 11:00 p.m. Meet at UST (Crooker Center) to catch a bus to the Co-Cathedral or meet at the Co-Cathedral by 11:45 p.m. Procession leaves at Midnight for the 2 mile walk WITH POLICE ESCORT! Where: Procession will begin at Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral 1111 Pierce at midnight and end at University of St. Thomas 3800 Montrose Blvd. Please wear WHITE shirts and bring a rosary and flashlight! Dress comfortably and bring something to sit on (blankets or chairs). Breakfast after funeral. Contact: UST Campus Ministry: 713.525.3589 or www.stthom.edu [/quote] SWEET! It has to be awesome to have a school to do that at!
DemonSlayer Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 I'll be watching at 4pm (7pm EST), although I'm disappointed that not every station is showing it, one which isn't, will be broadcasting Prince Charles' wedding tomorrow though for some reason.
Mickey's_Girl Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 [quote name='drewmeister2' date='Apr 7 2005, 08:37 PM'] Thanks, both of you! Where do I go for the Yahoo one? www.yahoo.com? [/quote] Yes. As I posted this message, this link had tons of Pope stuff and on the left side at the top there was a message saying "Streaming video coverage available from the Vatican at 4 am ET Friday". [url="http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=World&cat=Pope_John_Paul_II"]Streaming Video of JPII's Funeral[/url] I hope it works! MG
argent_paladin Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 I'm watching it right now. I am so excited!!
homeschoolmom Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 me, too... but I'm taping it, because I'll probably fall asleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Luthien Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 Im up, and Im watchin' it. I cant believe all the world leaders there....man...Im witnessing history.
Philippe Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 watching and tivo'ing and i have school tomorrow... its worth it 3 hours sleep God Bless the Pope
kaidoh Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 (edited) SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH we are in Mass am recrodin it so if u want a copies ask and i may do it ok SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH Edited April 8, 2005 by kaidoh
Ash Wednesday Posted April 8, 2005 Posted April 8, 2005 I'm up watching it. I was so touched to see the simple insignia of the cross and the M on his simple wooden coffin. I took a long nap from about 7 p.m. to after midnight, set my alarm, woke up and turned on the TV.
the_rev Posted April 8, 2005 Author Posted April 8, 2005 I set my alarm, didn't even roll over. I wok up at 3:05, I'm like HOly carp, turned on my bedroom TV and am like O thank God they didn't start yet that they are only processing in. So I started recording at 3:08.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now