An Old School Catholic Message Board

curious

dairygirl4u2c

What percentage are your friends Catholic?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

God Conquers

This is an odd poll.....

And not very scientific...

If you live in Alabama, not many of your friends will be Catholic. If you live in Malta, bets are that most of them are.

Melchisedec

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Apr 7 2005, 12:52 PM'] This is an odd poll.....

And not very scientific...

If you live in Alabama, not many of your friends will be Catholic. If you live in Malta, bets are that most of them are. [/quote]
Absolutely correct. In my current location, catholics are scarce.

MichaelFilo

I have a few Catholic friends, although I keep my friends few and far apart. Everyone is my friend though, but I can only find about 10-20% (although not being an orthodox Catholic nulls the Catholic title for you from my POV, even if they are still technically Catholic).

God bless,
Mikey

dairygirl4u2c

It's all about averages, nothing more. Actually the only real flaw is that I'm asking the ultraconservative board of phatmass. I don't think the location matters so much cuz I'm sure it's just as scientific as knowing that the average family has 2.4 kids or that the average catholic goes to church on sunday.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

crusader1234

I go to a Catholic school, so I have more Catholic friends than I otherwise would. In general, none of my closest friends are Catholic (barring maybe two or three)... At my old school (not Catholic) I had two Catholic friends.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Apr 7 2005, 04:09 PM'] It's all about averages, nothing more. Actually the only real flaw is that I'm asking the ultraconservative board of phatmass. I don't think the location matters so much cuz I'm sure it's just as scientific as knowing that the average family has 2.4 kids or that the average catholic goes to church on sunday. [/quote]
Do you really think that this board is ultraconservative?

This board isn't ultraconservative. It isn't even conservative. Heck....there are more dissenting thoughts on this board that need to be squelched than any other place I have ever posted before.

I would say that this board is orthodox, and faithful, but conservative, no way sister. This is not a conservative board at all.

Why that moniker, beacause it doesn't waiver from the teachings of the Church? I doubt it. That view can be incredibly progressive. Ask you local SSPXer sometime about the doctrine of co-redemptrix and mediatrix. Or about the view of Gaudium et Spes or Veritatis Splendor.

Conservative this board ain't. Orthodox it is.

Cam

N.B. Incidentally, it is the bare minimum to go to Mass every Sunday. I would venture that most Catholics go more than every Sunday. Want a poll, ask that one.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Apr 7 2005, 06:09 PM'] It's all about averages, nothing more. Actually the only real flaw is that I'm asking the ultraconservative board of phatmass. I don't think the location matters so much cuz I'm sure it's just as scientific as knowing that the average family has 2.4 kids or that the average catholic goes to church on sunday. [/quote]
We are not "ultra" anything, we are simply faithful catholics.

argent_paladin

Ultraconservatives wouldn't own a computer, let alone use a message board.
The bigger problem is that what if 30% of your friends are Catholic? Which one do you choose: 20-30 or 30-40? Your choices overlap. It should be 0-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc. For being the poll queen of phatmass, you make many elementary mistakes. And labeling your subjects as ultraconservative doesn't help.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Apr 7 2005, 05:09 PM'] Actually the only real flaw is that I'm asking the ultraconservative board of phatmass. [/quote]
Sure...if by "ultraconservative" you mean "orthodox" and "ultraconservative in the context of radical secularist society"...