An Old School Catholic Message Board

Angels, Fallen angels, demons

desertwoman

desertwoman

Hey, I posted this on another message board and I just wanted to know what yall thought about it.

I've recently heard that fallen angels are not the same as demons for angels already have a body (remember Sodom and G when the angels came to the city)

And that demons don't have a physical body and that they inhabit inside of beings.

When did the two terms fallen angels and demons become intertwined, and are they different.

God Conquers

Angels don't have physical bodies, but they can appear to have them.

Demons are fallen angels. They are pure spirit, just like regular angels.

Like Conquers said, angels are pure spirits and do not have a physical body. An interesting piece of literature to read about some of that, keep in mind it is not doctrine, is The Inferno by Dante.

Melchisedec

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='Apr 12 2005, 09:00 AM'] Like Conquers said, angels are pure spirits and do not have a physical body. An interesting piece of literature to read about some of that, keep in mind it is not doctrine, is The Inferno by Dante. [/quote]
If I may ask why you use dante as a reference for hell? Isn't it just a work of fiction?

[quote name='desertwoman' date='Apr 12 2005, 03:22 AM'] Hey, I posted this on another message board and I just wanted to know what yall thought about it.

I've recently heard that fallen angels are not the same as demons for angels already have a body (remember Sodom and G when the angels came to the city)

And that demons don't have a physical body and that they inhabit inside of beings.

When did the two terms fallen angels and demons become intertwined, and are they different. [/quote]
I don't know where this is coming from. This certainly isn't the Catholic doctrine on angels and demons.

Angels (and demons-fallen angels) are pure spirit and have no bodies. Angels can sometimes take on human appearance by making a "temporary" physical body out of existing matter, but are not themselves physical creatures.

The Church has always taught that demons are fallen angels. If they are not, what are they?

God Conquers

I'd suggest reading Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologica sections on Angels. It is very very good.

I don't know the sections offhand.... sorry, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

[quote name='Melchisedec' date='Apr 12 2005, 10:21 AM'] If I may ask why you use dante as a reference for hell? Isn't it just a work of fiction? [/quote]
I was not intending to use it as a reference, but just as some popular literature written on the subject.

[quote name='infinitelord1' date='Apr 12 2005, 01:05 PM'] i think i have seen a few demons throughout my life [/quote]
I've encountered a Demon as a kid. Pretty scary. I'm not affraid now. I'd scare them. It whispered my name into my ear and i felt the breath. Like wind into my ear.

[quote name='MC Just' date='Apr 14 2005, 02:48 PM'] I've encountered a Demon as a kid. Pretty scary. I'm not affraid now. I'd scare them. It whispered my name into my ear and i felt the breath. Like wind into my ear. [/quote]
whoaa
:huh:

[quote name='MC Just' date='Apr 14 2005, 03:48 PM'] I've encountered a Demon as a kid.  Pretty scary. I'm not affraid now. I'd scare them.  It whispered my name into my ear and i felt the breath. Like wind into my ear. [/quote]
I've never seen one, but I've felt their presence and heard them. Couple examples...

1) I was sleeping on the floor in my brothers' bedroom, and I heard a few footsteps, very slowly walking towards the back of me. Both my brothers were asleep, so I thought it was one of my parents, so I called out, no response. I did not turn around, was too scared. It stopped right behind me, and I stood still, praying my butt off the entire night. Didn't get any sleep that day.

2) About a year or two ago, the 4 of us (out of 5) in the family were in the den watching TV and talking. Then we all heard several thumps in the room above us, as if someone was stomping their feet, but no one was up there (my dad was sleeping somewhere else). It was originally a second-attic with it's own staircase, but we converted it into a music room (only way to get up there is through the staircase). We all had the goosebumps, and started praying immediately. It was no doubt one of those demons that have the ability to actually touch or move physical objects (forgot the name). Why? I heard my drum sticks crash onto the floor, in a few distinctive clashes, as if someone pulled a few out at a time, instead of dumping them all at once. My drum sticks (about 20 of them) were in a bag, nestled pretty good ontop of something. Though the demon left, which is a miracle from God.

I was living in a Giant house at the time of my experience, my two wiccan sisters lived their too. They were deep into witchcraft, quija boards.etc.....Almost everyone in that house experienced something. A demon woke up my brother one morning after he forget to turn his alarm clock on. The demon was yelling his name and tugging him.

Edited by MC Just

poltergeist (sp)

I dont know if i experienced anuthing of the like but i do recall back in Jnr High i was sleeping and i imediatly woke up, went from cold to Hot in matter of secs and then few secs later i was back to normal temperature

Just wondering, How do you know if its a demon presence or what

Edited by Jazz4jesus