An Old School Catholic Message Board

John Paul II-Fast Track to Sainthood?

conservativecatholic

conservativecatholic

Cardinals have recently addressed a petition pertaining to a fast-paced beatification of Pope John Paul II . The document which has been circulating throughout the Vatican was signed by almost all of the Cardinals.

Here's the article.... [url="http://www.catholic.org/cathcom/international_story.php?id=13821"]Cardinals discuss sainthood for John Paul II[/url]

A Mass being celebrated for Pope John Paul II on the day of the sainthood discussion.
[img]http://www.catholic.org/images/ins_news/2005044714.jpg[/img]

The next Supreme Pontiff could even bypass every requirement for sainthood and could canonize John Paul immediately.

I'll tell you the truth, I'm all for it! According to Church scholars and theologians, men like John Paul II come every 400-700 years!

Edited by conservativecatholic

Guest Eremite

St. Francis was canonized less than two years after his death. Relatively speaking, that was pretty fast. I think John Paul II will at least take a year or two, but not much longer.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Eremite' date='Apr 13 2005, 06:57 PM'] St. Francis was canonized less than two years after his death. Relatively speaking, that was pretty fast. I think John Paul II will at least take a year or two, but not much longer. [/quote]
At the same time, John Paul the Great has a LOT of writings for them to go over...not that they haven't already, lol...

conservativecatholic

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Apr 13 2005, 07:38 PM'] He is a LEGEND. [/quote]
Indeed he is!

I also predict that his canonization could come within 5 years. His beatification I predict could come within 2 years.

Ash Wednesday

I don't think his path to sainthood will be McSainthood, but it will be relatively short so long as there are documented miracles (which I believe there will be.) As far as his life, especially in light of research and resources available already done on the man, a lot of it is pretty much in line already.

Biographers throughout John Paul II's papacy have tried to write "books" about him. They tried to dig up any skeletons or dirt on him, and they found....

a big fat goose egg!!!

I think he will not only eventually be Pope St. John Paul the Great, but he will also be a Doctor of the Church.