An Old School Catholic Message Board

FutureChurch and Call to Action

Mateo el Feo

Mateo el Feo

Looking at their websites, it appears that these groups would be happy to overturn just about every teaching of the Catholic Church--her teachings of faith, morals, and discipline--all out the window.

That said, I wonder whether these groups have been formally declared heretical. I suspect that individual bishops may have acted to prohibit them from church property; but I suspect that there are dioceses that allow religious and lay individuals (getting paychecks from the Catholic Church) to promote the heretical positions of these groups.

While I'm no fan of SSPX, I find it disheartening that the Catholic Church could act so sternly against them for what amounts to schism
([color=red][b]*[/b][/color]), while I cannot find proof of a similar universal declaration from the Vatican explicitly declaring that FutureChurch and Call to Action hold heretical positions.

So my questions are: what's the current status of these groups? What is the disciplinary action if an active priest, religious, or lay employee acts in support of these groups?

In my opinion I feel that we Catholics have a clear "call to action" to rid the "future Church" of these two heretical organizations. I'd like to hear the opinions people have on these groups.

-------------------------------

([color=red][b]*[/b][/color]) [i]SSPX's condemnation was based on their disobedience to the authority of the Church, rather than the adherence to a heretic teaching[/i]

Edited by Mateo el Feo

Ash Wednesday

I do think that enforcement should be equal among those being disobedient whether it is in the name of traditionalism or liberalism.