An Old School Catholic Message Board

st. malachi

megamattman1

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

What if our Lord tells the next Pope to take the Name Peter II.

thats possibile, that the next Pope recieved instructions from God to take the Name of Peter.

[quote name='Myles' date='Apr 19 2005, 05:37 PM'] Paph the next Pope according to Malachy isnt supposed to be the antichrist. He's supposed to be the one who leads the Church through the final persecution (which is far scarier than people thinking you're the devil). I mean lets see list the good things 1) you're going to be the man everyone turns to when they're being persecuted--wow what a light weight to go on your shoulders; 2) Rome is going to be destroyed whilst you're occupying the Holy See and 3) you're going to be the first one to see the Lion of Judah when he comes looking for his keys. For as St James reminds us the teachers will be judged more harshly than the rest.

Joy above joy [/quote]
Thank you for that clarification. I must of gotten that information from a bad source. I should really double check such things...Here is what it said...

[quote]10. PETER THE ROMAN - This final Pope wil, it is argued now by theologians, islikely be Satan, taking the form of a man named Peter who will gain a worldwide allegiance and adoration. He will be the final antichrist which prophecy students have long foretold. If it were possible, even the very elect would be deceived. The 112th prophesy states: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End."
[/quote]

Looks like an opinion more than anything, but I was not well versed in the prophecy to begin with. I suppose the typos should of hinted something...

Oh well like I said, if it were true...would you really live any differently?

Myles Domini

Nah. I dont even think that far ahead. Who's to say I'll outlive Benedict XVI? Who's to say I'll live out the weekend. The householder might come back for this wicked lazy servant before he comes for everyone else. I'll be keeping watch whatever the weather...

Exactly my point...so what is the whole hype about? It does not appear to have any practical meaning to one who is trying truley to be a Christian. Speaking of typos...

Myles Domini

There's hype because people can take death but persecution is slightly more difficult, especially if they're going to see the city of Rome destroyed.

Moreover, most importantly, if its true: JESUS IS COMING. Is there anyone on earth who wouldnt love to see the glorified Lord face to face, flesh to flesh. Amazing...

more is at stake here than meets the eye. Were it St. Malachy alone there would be no cause for worry, but look around......

Still does it change anything, we live in the shadow of the end. Everyday it grows a day closer. We need to live like we are dieing. As long as people don't go overboard, thinking about it won't hurt.

The desert fathers always said: "Blessed is the man who keeps death before his eyes"

We should always live as though we are going to see Christ's face tomorrow whether the end is tomorrow or not. For it may be for you.

As far as persecution goes, that I can understand. Although one should not worry about persecution for God is ever closer to His loved ones when they are suffering for His name!

Edited by Paphnutius

[quote name='Archangel' date='Apr 19 2005, 04:46 PM'] "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive) ... Olivetans ... Saint Benedict ... Pope Benedict XVI

Hmmm... :unsure: [/quote]
No kidding!

I gotta say I got goosebumps on that one

phatcatholic

[quote name='Myles' date='Apr 19 2005, 07:57 PM'] Moreover, most importantly, if its true: JESUS IS COMING. Is there anyone on earth who wouldnt love to see the glorified Lord face to face, flesh to flesh. Amazing... [/quote]
well, its my understanding that everyone alive when Jesus comes will suffer a great conflagration, the penance necessary to make us ready to see his face.

not fun......

Myles Domini

[quote]well, its my understanding that everyone alive when Jesus comes will suffer a great conflagration, the penance necessary to make us ready to see his face.[/quote]

Better than Purgatory

phatcatholic

[quote name='Myles' date='Apr 20 2005, 03:44 AM']
Better than Purgatory [/quote]
well, it may be more accurate to say that it is equal to purgatory, since it is meant as a substitute for it. when Jesus comes again, purgatory will be no more, so those still alive when he comes who have not adequately atone for their sin will suffer their "purification by fire" via the conflagration.

not fun, no matter where you are, although some fathers taught that the souls who suffer this purification also feel some sense of hope b/c they know that heaven will soon be their's.