An Old School Catholic Message Board

A new thread.....

Cam42

She asked....

[quote]Concerning the last quote > well let i put it differently. The pope sometimes declares people saint(s) after he/she preformed a miracle for 2 times or more and after their dead for 5 years, .......i'm i close? How can a mortal human being declare a person to be a saint? And why do they call him the replacement of Jezus on earth (they did on tv)? [/quote]

Have at it phatpeeps.....welcome to the board Ezra....feel free to call me Cam. It is just my handle. CAM are my initials and the 42 comes from the email address that I had while in college. I kept the email addy and the handle made sense....so Cam42.

And don't let Raphael fool you, he is one holy dude.....I am just kinda smart about Church stuff....not all that holy, though.

Cam

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Cam42' date='Apr 17 2005, 10:11 PM'] And don't let Raphael fool you, he is one holy dude.....I am just kinda smart about Church stuff....not all that holy, though. [/quote]
Shhh...you're blowing my cover... :P

I'm really not that holy. :unsure:

a girl called Ezra

So let me get this straid. Did you make a new topic out of my question? And can i ask question like i did before in this window? Before i start new confusion? Just being carfull that's why i ask?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='a girl called Ezra' date='Apr 17 2005, 10:30 PM'] So let me get this straid. Did you make a new topic out of my question? And can i ask question like i did before in this window? Before i start new confusion? Just being carfull that's why i ask? [/quote]
You can ask questions here. If they get off topic, you just make a new topic. :)

a girl called Ezra

Wow, thanks Cam for making it and Raphael for showing the way!

Take cover, here there coming (my questions). I don't care if you are both on the same level and who is holy and who is even holier ? Your both seem / show your pretty holy (hahhahahaha) and that will do just fine for me.

nr.1 Why does the Catholic religion declare people saints?
nr. 2 Where does it come from?
nr. 3 Why do you have statues of people and why do you go on your knees for them while praying?
nr. 4 Why does the Vatican/or the Catholic church not give all there millions the posses to the poor and needy in the world. They will probably give al lot but they also stille have an awful lot of it?

a girl called Ezra

Wow, thanks Cam for making it and Raphael for showing the way!

Take cover, here there coming (my questions). I don't care if you are both on the same level and who is holy and who is even holier ? Your both seem / show your pretty holy (hahhahahaha) and that will do just fine for me.

nr.1 Why does the Catholic religion declare people saints?
nr. 2 Where does it come from?
nr. 3 Why do you have statues of people and why do you go on your knees for them while praying?
nr. 4 Why does the Vatican/or the Catholic church not give all there millions the posses to the poor and needy in the world. They will probably give al lot but they also stille have an awful lot of it?