An Old School Catholic Message Board

the kinda pope Liberals Want

MC Just

Thy Geekdom Come

Nah...they want a big wussy pope who can't take a stance on anything...and throws like a girl!

:P

at one point I thought it'd be funny and cool if they just elected John Kerry as pope... surest way to get the guy struck by lightning or at least a way to prove the Holy Spirit won't let a pope bind the Church in error

if it weren't for that "do not put the LORD thy God to the test" thing, I think the cardinals might've done such a thing and the whole world would become Catholic as, live on every major television station broadcast around the world John Kerry would've said "accepto" and all of the sudden a huge flash of light would flash on everyone's TV screen, and there would be left an ashy firey hole in the ground, and out of the heavens would come a booming voice "no accepto"

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='Apr 19 2005, 10:24 PM'] Perhps a bit of rude and crude humor...but I thought that the pope hade to be a CATHOLIC man. [/quote]
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Apr 19 2005, 09:01 PM'] at one point I thought it'd be funny and cool if they just elected John Kerry as pope... surest way to get the guy struck by lightning or at least a way to prove the Holy Spirit won't let a pope bind the Church in error

if it weren't for that "do not put the LORD thy God to the test" thing, I think the cardinals might've done such a thing and the whole world would become Catholic as, live on every major television station broadcast around the world John Kerry would've said "accepto" and all of the sudden a huge flash of light would flash on everyone's TV screen, and there would be left an ashy firey hole in the ground, and out of the heavens would come a booming voice "no accepto" [/quote]
:tiphat: :rotfl: :haha:

Ash Wednesday

Actually, I would have almost..... [i]almost[/i] liked to have seen our friend Mr. Kerry make it to the White House if I would have known Ratzinger would become pope this year. You've got to admit, the first presidential meeting with the pope would have been very interesting. :tiphat:

In any case, Kerry is always more than welcome to attend a private audience with him. Maybe he could invite Teddy Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi to name a couple. Sit for a spell, have a nice little chat.... :D

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 21 2005, 02:03 AM'] Actually, I would have almost..... [i]almost[/i] liked to have seen our friend Mr. Kerry make it to the White House if I would have known Ratzinger would become pope this year. You've got to admit, the first presidential meeting with the pope would have been very interesting. :tiphat:

In any case, Kerry is always more than welcome to attend a private audience with him. Maybe he could invite Teddy Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi to name a couple. Sit for a spell, have a nice little chat.... :D [/quote]
...Tom Daschle, too...

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 21 2005, 02:03 AM'] Actually, I would have almost..... [i]almost[/i] liked to have seen our friend Mr. Kerry make it to the White House if I would have known Ratzinger would become pope this year. You've got to admit, the first presidential meeting with the pope would have been very interesting. :tiphat:

In any case, Kerry is always more than welcome to attend a private audience with him. Maybe he could invite Teddy Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi to name a couple. Sit for a spell, have a nice little chat.... :D [/quote]
My imagination is juggling with two scenarios of an audience with the pope for Mr. Kerry:

1) Pomp and circumstance...pope greets Mr. Kerry. Pope presents Mr. Kerry with a fancy scroll...he humbly accepts it and opens it to find some beautiful, ornate Latin text. He brings it home and looks through it with his old Latin-English dictionary and discovers that he's just been formally excommunicated.

2) Pomp and circumstance...pope greets Mr. Kerry. Pope introduces Mr. Kerry to the Vatican's chief exorcist. He gets to work. Minutes later, a nearby herd of swine stampede into the Tiber River. Mr. Kerry goes home.

God Conquers

3rd scenario:

Pomp and circumstance: Mr. Kerry is led into a room, thinks to himself.... hey, this isn't the papal library. And wait a minute... those aren't swiss guarAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pope Benedict to Kerry and others of his ilk:

This day I offer you Communion and excommunication...Choose Life, Choose Communion...

[quote name='Paphnutius' date='Apr 19 2005, 09:24 PM'] ...but I thought that the pope had to be a CATHOLIC . [/quote]
Didn't one of the Kings of France say that during the 1600-1700s? about the Bishop who was to be appointed for Paris?