An Old School Catholic Message Board

Something for...

Micheal5403

Micheal5403

I would like you to look up Matthew 22:34-40, read it, and contemplate its meaning. Then read the rest of my post.

Did you read it yet?

Ok, here's what I have to say...gasp...I think I'm turning...gasp... into a...gasp...

...Liberal. For all of you who argue about pointless things like holding hands during the Our Father or what instruments are sacred, I greatly pity you. Why do you squabble over such insignificant things? The point of religion is to become closer to God: to [i]love Him with all of your heart, all of your soul, and all of your mind[/i]. Following rules is not everything; just serve God to the best of your ability. I'm sorry to say that you probably won't hear from me anymore because you probably wouldn't listen to me if I said anything "liberal" anyway. I may stop by once in a while, but for now, goodbye.

Peace,
Jacob

Edited by Micheal5403

Just a quick question. Why do you label youself? If you truely beleive that it is all in following God, then why apply to labels? Why not simply do what you think is called for and the rest will follow?

:huh: wow... I think you very much misunderstand us... and scripture... but MOSTLY us
[quote]But the Pharisees, hearing that he had silenced the Sadducees, came together. And one of them, a doctor of the law, asked him, tempting him:  Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart and with thy whole soul and with thy whole mind.  This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.[/quote]

discussions regarding liturgical norms are importan only insomuch as they affect the understanding of God and Truth. like Pope Benedict XVI is fond of saying, the way we worship affects the way we believe, and the way we believe affects the way we worship. Christ prayed that we all be one, that is of ONE FAITH, no divisions. no liberal or conservative, you are either orthodox or heterodox, and if you're heterodox the Church calls and pleads and cries out to you to repent and rejoin the flock so that you may be one with us again.

anyway, it's all ultimately about us staying unified in the One True Faith passed down from Jesus Christ to the Apostles and through the ages to the Magisterium.

you have set up a falsh dichotemy here, pitting faith and love against knowledge, wisdom, and truth. but love without truth is blind and truth without love is hollow like a banging gong.

[quote name='Melchisedec' date='Apr 20 2005, 10:12 PM'] They dont want your kind. [/quote]
[QUOTE] That is pretty harsh, Mel. :blink: :sadder:

Tum

Melchisedec

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Apr 20 2005, 10:48 PM'] [QUOTE] That is pretty harsh, Mel. :blink: :sadder:

Tum [/quote]
Its the truth, liberals are despised. I've seen more liberal bashing threads here than I can stomach.

because when Catholics turn to liberalism (the way it's modernly defined) they often turn to heterodoxy

and when Catholics turn to conservativism, they often turn to schism but also sometimes heterodoxy

when Catholics turn to moderatism, they often turn to heterodoxy

to be Catholic, you must find yourself completely off the charts in the truely orthodox true freedom through which you encounter the True Christ

Brother Adam

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Apr 21 2005, 12:07 AM'] because when Catholics turn to liberalism (the way it's modernly defined) they often turn to heterodoxy

and when Catholics turn to conservativism, they often turn to schism but also sometimes heterodoxy

when Catholics turn to moderatism, they often turn to heterodoxy

to be Catholic, you must find yourself completely off the charts in the truely orthodox true freedom through which you encounter the True Christ [/quote]
^_^

If you love God with your all, you would keep His commandments. And if the Holy Spirit is with the Church and it has the Magisterium, the teaching authority... Then you would follow the Church's teachings!

Because you love God and Christ is God and the Church is the Body of Christ.