Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

faith_my_eyes
Posted

Just because I don't agree with Ratzinger does not mean that I am not Catholic. You make assumptions about me as if you know me. Well, I got news for you, you don't. So, please change it back. Thanks,
faith_my_eyes

Posted

PM never said you weren't Catholic. Dust classified you "Phishy" to call yourself Catholic, you should rep the Pope!

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote]why???[/quote]

Because we're Nazis.

Posted

If you dont follow the Magisterium, you get that title. It says so in the rules. Read them.

Posted

I thought that a Catholic believed that the Pope is infallible (Incapable of error in expounding doctrine on faith or morals). So disagreeing with the Pope is ....

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Posted

don't fret. Ultra conservatives that don't believe in Vatican II get them as well.

for the record i believe in Vatican II.

toledo_jesus
Posted

[quote name='faith_my_eyes' date='Apr 25 2005, 04:50 PM']Just because I don't agree with Ratzinger does not mean that I am not Catholic. You make assumptions about me as if you know me. Well, I got news for you, you don't. So, please change it back. Thanks,
faith_my_eyes[/quote]
If you are open to learning about the man the Holy Spirit chose to be pope, and amending your ways, then I'm sure the title can be changed back. However, the rules are explicit: If you disrespect the teachers and the teachings of the Church, you are phishy or non-catholic.

A good start would be referring to His Holiness as Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Benedict, Benedict, B16 or Papa Ben. B16 for shorthand.

Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Apr 25 2005, 03:08 PM']
Because we're Nazis. [/quote]
:lol:

Posted

[quote name='faith_my_eyes' date='Apr 25 2005, 03:50 PM'] Just because I don't agree with Ratzinger does not mean that I am not Catholic. You make assumptions about me as if you know me. Well, I got news for you, you don't. So, please change it back. Thanks,
faith_my_eyes [/quote]
What precisely don't you agree with Pope Benedict about?

Cam

drewmeister2
Posted

[quote name='Jazz4jesus' date='Apr 25 2005, 03:14 PM'] I thought that a Catholic believed that the Pope is infallible (Incapable of error in expounding doctrine on faith or morals). So disagreeing with the Pope is .... [/quote]
You're right on this, but that doesn't mean he is infallible in everything he says and does.

Posted

[quote name='drewmeister2' date='Apr 25 2005, 06:30 PM'] You're right on this, but that doesn't mean he is infallible in everything he says and does. [/quote]
No, just matters of faith and morals....

Cam

toledo_jesus
Posted

[quote name='drewmeister2' date='Apr 25 2005, 07:30 PM'] You're right on this, but that doesn't mean he is infallible in everything he says and does. [/quote]
Is it true that if you disagree with the pope on matters of faith and morals then you are ipso facto excommunicated?

Posted

Faith doesn't disagree with anything the Pope has actually said or done, only all those really secret creepy evil Nazi things that he does that no one knows about except faith_my_eyes! :wacko:

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Socrates' date='Apr 25 2005, 08:13 PM'] Faith doesn't disagree with anything the Pope has actually said or done, only all those really secret creepy evil Nazi things that he does that no one knows about except faith_my_eyes! :wacko: [/quote]
I'm a secret Nazi.

I'm also Catholic and Jewish and have a mental handicap.

Wait a second...

:P

faith_my_eyes
Posted (edited)

Ya'll are judging me despite the fact you've never met me. Umm...Christ never did that to the ones that followed him. For ya'll's info I've read the BIBLE. Ya'll don't even see both sides of what is going on. I know Christ well, and guess what ya'll he told me all of this.

Edited by faith_my_eyes
Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='faith_my_eyes' date='Apr 26 2005, 01:53 AM'] Ya'll are judging me despite the fact you've never met me.  Umm...Christ never did that to the ones that followed him.  For ya'll's info I've read the BIBLE.  Ya'll don't even see both sides of what is going on.  I know Christ well, and guess what ya'll he told me all of this. [/quote]
Christ told you that the pope He chose is a Nazi?

We aren't judging you. We're judging your positions. We have to protect visitors to this site from scandal. That's why we have different groupings. Those who are reliable sources are Church Scholars, Church Militant, and Church Faithful. Those who are non-Catholic are labelled as such. Those who claim to be Catholic but do not represent or respect the Church to the fullest extent are given warnings and labelled as Phishy.

If you were a young impressionable Catholic who wasn't sure of the Church teachings, you would be grateful that these labels existed, so that you would be able to see what information is reliable and what is not.

As for Pope Benedict's allegedly being a Nazi, we have no reason to believe so. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. That means that it's your task.

faith_my_eyes
Posted

[quote name='Raphael' date='Apr 26 2005, 01:00 AM'] Christ told you that the pope He chose is a Nazi?

We aren't judging you. We're judging your positions. We have to protect visitors to this site from scandal. That's why we have different groupings. Those who are reliable sources are Church Scholars, Church Militant, and Church Faithful. Those who are non-Catholic are labelled as such. Those who claim to be Catholic but do not represent or respect the Church to the fullest extent are given warnings and labelled as Phishy.

If you were a young impressionable Catholic who wasn't sure of the Church teachings, you would be grateful that these labels existed, so that you would be able to see what information is reliable and what is not.

As for Pope Benedict's allegedly being a Nazi, we have no reason to believe so. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. That means that it's your task. [/quote]
Ya'll have issues that says that ya'll can't be nice people and this concerns me. Ya'll are not being fair and not even giving what I have to say one thought. That saddens me and makes me wonder who ya'll think you are. I'm a Catholic., but believe what you want. I think that ya'll are making unfair claims and judgements about people that ya'll have never met and can't even call by name.

i_see_things_upside_down
Posted (edited)

I'm not very familiar with this forum, or how it works. But, from my knowledge of Catholic doctrine (I'm a religious studies major, working on my Doctrate) you cannot claim that someone does not "rep the church" simply because they disagree with the Pope. Everything the Pope says is not infallible, only certain statements. Also, although the gates of hell will not prevail against the church, we must admit that it is possible for the Cardinals to choose incorrectly, for they are not infallible. I believe that they made a prayerful decision, but has every prayerful decision you made been correct? Also, we must agree that not every single Pope has been a good one. Why must we think that it is impossible for us to choose a bad Pope when there are so many corrupt people in the world? I think that it would be worth your while to stop and listen to what he/she says about the Pope instead of spitting in his/her eyes. We're only human. Take care,
Danielle

Edited by i_see_things_upside_down
Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote]I think that ya'll are making unfair claims and judgements about people that ya'll have never met [/quote]

That sounds familiar....


Have you met the pope?

Doesn't feel all that good to have people make assumptions about you that are unfair, does it? If you're going to dish it out, you're going to have to learn to take it.






"Repping the Church" means showing respect for the pope.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...