An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hypocrisy And The Catholic Church

[quote name='FreeSoul' post='5136' date='Jul 15 2003, 02:28 PM']Oh, and Machiavelli was Catholic too.[/quote]

Is this true ?
If so it would give Tupacs Makavelie cd a whole new meaning.

Edited by Guest

tinytherese

If you think about it, no religion, government, club, or other group has had a history of absolutely flawless members in it. So if you object to catholicism for its corruption then you may as well object to every single group whether big or small such as a particular church or an occupation such as a plumber. So you'd have to reject everybody.

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1842704' date='Apr 21 2009, 03:42 PM']If you think about it, no religion, government, club, or other group has had a history of absolutely flawless members in it. So if you object to catholicism for its corruption then you may as well object to every single group whether big or small such as a particular church or an occupation such as a plumber. So you'd have to reject everybody.[/quote]

Good point.

Richard Dawkins (funniest man alive) addressed the problem of hypocriscy in his own religion by deciding that atheists who act illogically are no longer atheists. Being a first rate logician he then spends the rest of the chapter explaning that this grace of self exclusion is extended to members of the atheist church only, and that christians (since atheism is concerned only with christians) that act in a non christian manner are not only still christians but inherently degrade all other christians. Best philospher ever, Richard Dawkins. :lol_pound:

[quote name='jon2004' post='1843419' date='Apr 22 2009, 10:00 AM']Richard Dawkins (funniest man alive) addressed the problem of hypocriscy in his own religion by deciding that atheists who act illogically are no longer atheists. Being a first rate logician he then spends the rest of the chapter explaning that this grace of self exclusion is extended to members of the atheist church only, and that christians (since atheism is concerned only with christians) that act in a non christian manner are not only still christians but inherently degrade all other christians. Best philospher ever, Richard Dawkins. :lol_pound:[/quote]

I thought his book was adorable.

You read it, he's so sure of himself, and your just loke "omg! Arn't you the cutest little cranky atheist ever!"

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Hassan' post='1847028' date='Apr 25 2009, 06:12 AM']I thought his book was adorable.

You read it, he's so sure of himself, and your just loke "omg! Arn't you the cutest little cranky atheist ever!"[/quote]

Hassan, don't mean to get off topic here, but where have you been my dude?

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1847100' date='Apr 25 2009, 10:04 AM']Hassan, don't mean to get off topic here, but where have you been my dude?[/quote]

I took a break. I'm going away again after today until like the 8th. Finishing up exams and stuff.