An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have need of some SUPER apologetics

Cathurian

Cathurian

Please move this if it's not in the right spot.

There's a guy on Yahoo, who often hangs out in the Atheists vs. Christians chat, who has sent all the Christians I've seen running. His name is Kumar, and he is insanely good at arguing, plus he really knows the Bible inside and out.

I've never seen anybody beat this guy. He stomps folks flat, and frankly, if you don't have very strong faith or aren't very, very good at apologetics, I wouldn't talk to him. He might give you a crisis of faith -- fair warning.

I've just been thinking about him recently, and how I'd love to see someone refute his arguments. They still bother me occasionally.

So, if anybody wants to take a shot -- he is on Yahoo!Messenger as knowledge_is_cooling, he stays in the Atheists vs. Christians chat if you don't want to add him to your buddy list, and if you don't have Yahoo Messenger but still want to try and debate him, you can get into the chat or send instant messages through yahoo's website.

God bless, Mary protect, and good luck.

Cathurian

Oh, I thought I would add:

He prefers to talk on voice chat. Just know that you won't be looking at a record of what he said.

Have a Bible, and maybe a Catechism handy, as he will probably ask you to post things from it -- he did me, at least.

And last: he has a file that he calls "arrows for yahoo", which contains many of his major arguments. He says he sends it out to Christians. If you want to see it before you contact him, just to have an idea what to expect, IM me and I'll send it to you. He has a wesbite as well, but I forget the address. He might link you there, though.

Forget the apologists.

What you need to find is a Jesuit priest to take this Kumar fellow on. I don't care how good he is at arguing or how knowledgeable he is about the Bible, a Jesuit would [i]destroy[/i] his punk[color=red].... [/color]. Probably bring him to tears and convert him to Catholicism in the process. ^_^

Seriously. If you want to see something crazy, find a Jesuit to take him on.

Edited by cmotherofpirl

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Nathan' date='May 4 2005, 05:22 PM'] Forget the apologists.

What you need to find is a Jesuit priest to take this Kumar fellow on. I don't care how good he is at arguing or how knowledgeable he is about the Bible, a Jesuit would [i]destroy[/i] his punk-ass. Probably bring him to tears and convert him to Catholicism in the process. ^_^

Seriously. If you want to see something crazy, find a Jesuit to take him on. [/quote]
A Jesuit might also not know what he's talking about. :P

I suggest Cam. :mellow:

A traditional, orthodox Jesuit, like a Joseph Fessio or Mitch Pacwa. [i]Not[/i] a liberal (athough I'm sure even a liberal Jesuit would be quite capable of making this fool his beeyotch if push came to shove).

Edited by Nathan

MichaelFilo

For the sake of making a valid point, speak like you have something worth saying. Do you pray to your Mother with that mouth?

God bless,
Mikey

theculturewarrior

Yeah...once I found out Father Pacwa and Father Hardon were Jesuits, I knew St. Ignatius hadn't abandoned his order. :)

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Cathurian' date='May 4 2005, 05:21 PM']He prefers to talk on voice chat. Just know that you won't be looking at a record of what he said.

Have a Bible, and maybe a Catechism handy, as he will probably ask you to post things from it -- he did me, at least.

And last: he has a file that he calls "arrows for yahoo", which contains many of his major arguments. He says he sends it out to Christians. If you want to see it before you contact him, just to have an idea what to expect, IM me and I'll send it to you. He has a wesbite as well, but I forget the address. He might link you there, though.[/quote]
If he's such a great debater, why is he afraid to have people see his arguments? Truth doesn't need to be hidden.

Based on your description, he sounds like someone who thinks on his toes, and has memorized a few arguments against Christianity. But, I think it's time for him to come out of hiding.

I don't bother with chat; but it would be fun to see him post his arguments in the light of day. If you've got his list of "secret arguments," please post them and let's see how long they stand up around here. It'll be fun!

We won't even have to invite a Jesuit...though I may ask for the intercession of St. Ignatius! :)

corban711

[quote name='MichaelFilo' date='May 4 2005, 05:27 PM'] For the sake of making a valid point, speak like you have something worth saying. Do you pray to your Mother with that mouth?

God bless,
Mikey [/quote]
:D that was awesome!

Cathurian

Alright, I will -- but there's quite a bit of blasphemy. Want me to post the whole document, or tamper with it some first?

MichaelFilo

Post it as is. The heathens, heretics, and schismatics will blaspheme against Our Lord and Mary, because they hate the Truth. We expect it. Anyone who maybe too offended to make a logical and charitable response, please do not read any further.

God bless,
Mikey