An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is your child a Goth?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Jazz4jesus' date='May 5 2005, 06:35 PM'] hmmm Just so yall know, I am very Catholic. You have to trust me on this, I am Catholic. and a devout one as well.

But it appears I am evil spite my strong faith in God. I answered yes to more than 5.

im worried [/quote]
[quote]If any of these
problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.[/quote]

Better get thee to the nuthouse immediately!!!

Kilroy the Ninja

[quote name='FranciscanRocker25' date='May 5 2005, 06:45 PM'] i have some too.

you should buy some strange looking silver jewelry. [/quote]
Check!

Already have.

And I play RPG's..... was that even on the list?????

ACK! I have a VAMPIRE character too.....

Is there no hope for me?

[quote name='MichaelFilo' date='May 5 2005, 06:57 PM'] Is philosophy a religion? -serious question

God bless,
Mikey [/quote]
No. Philosophy is simply study of the nature of reality. (However philosophy can either support or go against Catholic truth- there are good and bad philosphies.)\

There were many good Catholic philosophers - St. Thomas Aquinas, for instance!

Including "philsophy" as a Satanic religion is just another silly joke of that list.

Mateo el Feo

Personally, I had some "goth" friends in highschool, though I never "put on the uniform," so to speak. I will admit, it's a pretty depressing sub-culture.

Anyway, on to the funny stuff:

St. Mary's, the supposed source of this list, is...drum roll please...a Gothic Church! :lol:

I really get a kick out of the Count Chocula line. That had me falling out of my seat!

Emoticon goth candidates: :ph34r: :punch: :shootme: :drunk: :freak: :dead: :freddy: :witch: :batman: :headbang: :ninja: :smoker: :shock:

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Kilroy the Ninja' date='May 6 2005, 02:04 AM']should I take this one personally?  :ninja:[/quote]
I was thinking of you. You do wear black, don't you?

:lol:

i_see_things_upside_down

I am curious as to what you all think about the Gothic culture? I'm not too familiar with it and have not made any stable judgments about it. I would like your input. Thank you!

Matt Black

I used to be in a Christian Goth band :blink: Don't know what that makes me! (Matt Black was my [i]nom de guerre[/i] at that time and it's kind of stuck). I was an 'older generation' Goth (late 80s - Sisters of Mercy, the Cure, the Mission etc) and don't regard the newer ones as 'proper Goths'; to me their music is more metal than anything else and I can't stand Marilyn Manson

Yours in Christ

Matt

1337 k4th0l1x0r

Some of these are serious signs, but a lot of them also apply most geeks (internet usage and rpg's) and college students (lack of sleep, alcohol usage). The list items should be weighted for this list to make more sense.