An Old School Catholic Message Board

When will non-Catholics learn?

ironmonk

[url="http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/2691965/detail.html?qs=;s=43;w=320"]http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/2691965/deta...?qs=;s=43;w=320[/url]

[img]http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1103/3887241.jpg[/img]

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- A frame grab from video shows a lion attacking a man who jumped into the animal's enclosure and shouted "Jesus will save you" at the Taipei Zoo. The man, identified only by his surname, Chen, suffered from bite marks on his arms and legs. "He took this dangerous action today because he imagined he heard voices," psychiatrist Teng Hui-wen told reporters, saying his case was still being investigated. (11/03/04 AP photo)

--Moral of the story... do not tempt the Lord by putting yourself in danger.

Remember when Satan tried to get Jesus to jump off the mountain, and Jesus said... it is written that you shall not tempt the Lord your God.

God Bless,
ironmonk

homeschoolmom

I think the guy was more psychotic than religious...

and how do you know the guy wasn't Catholic...?

Brother Adam

[quote name='mulls' date='May 27 2005, 09:17 PM'] no, that guy actually represents all of non-catholic christianity. he's my cult leader. [/quote]
He's about as Protestant as Jack Chick :rolleyes:

KizlarAgha

Oh and here I thought it was proof that we need to treat those with mental illnesses as human beings and give them treatment. My mistake... :rolleyes:

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 27 2005, 11:16 PM'] Oh and here I thought it was proof that we need to treat those with mental illnesses as human beings and give them treatment. My mistake... :rolleyes: [/quote]
I think he was just way drunk. :lol:

savedbygrace

He could have just as likely been Catholic as Buddhist. HE was either drunk or suffers from a mental illness.

Guest Eremite

The LION is Catholic. He thought the man was a Jehovah's Witness.

Why do you think he reacted so violently?

toledo_jesus

seriously, when I first heard this story it was reported that he was trying to bring the lion to Jesus. Somehow, I don't think that the message took. the only 'good news' that lion heard was "free food".

It seems to me that we have a saint who preached to animals. Must not have been Catholic after all, huh?

Oh, that's right, or is it that all non-Catholics hear voices in their heads telling them to jump in lion cages? Of course, there was that ancient Israelite who did just that.

Get over the anti Protestant bias.

peace...

InCircles' brother

[quote name='Eremite' date='May 28 2005, 03:14 PM'] The LION is Catholic. He thought the man was a Jehovah's Witness.

Why do you think he reacted so violently? [/quote]
your funny.

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 27 2005, 07:18 PM'] [url="http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/2691965/detail.html?qs=;s=43;w=320"]http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/2691965/deta...?qs=;s=43;w=320[/url]

[img]http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1103/3887241.jpg[/img]

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- A frame grab from video shows a lion attacking a man who jumped into the animal's enclosure and shouted "Jesus will save you" at the Taipei Zoo. The man, identified only by his surname, Chen, suffered from bite marks on his arms and legs. "He took this dangerous action today because he imagined he heard voices," psychiatrist Teng Hui-wen told reporters, saying his case was still being investigated. (11/03/04 AP photo)

--Moral of the story... do not tempt the Lord by putting yourself in danger.

Remember when Satan tried to get Jesus to jump off the mountain, and Jesus said... it is written that you shall not tempt the Lord your God.

God Bless,
ironmonk [/quote]
Yes, you need to get over your anti-Catholic bias. Remember Jesus had compassion for those who were deceived, not emnity.

[quote name='Mikhail' date='May 30 2005, 07:19 PM'] Yes, you need to get over your anti-Catholic bias. Remember Jesus had compassion for those who were deceived, not emnity. [/quote]
I do not have an anti-Catholic bias, I know for a fact that anti-Catholics today have no excuse to spread the lies they do... it just goes to show that they are geniuses for not researching when it's so easy to do so. One cannot soundly and logically argue against something without studying it from the source. People who have computers, or can go to a public library and continue to say that Catholics worship Mary, are a cult, changed the Ten Commandments, are not Christian, etc... have no excuse for their willful ignorance. This does not apply to those who are anti-Catholic and actually start researching the Catholic Church from the Catholic Church. This applies to those like Bob Orris, Jack Chick, Ian Pasley, Rick Jones, etc....

Those anti-Catholics are rumor mongers and gossips... which is spoken against strongly.

This post does not apply to all non-Catholics... this applies to the type that insists on tempting God. When something is said about a group, it is common sense and common knowledge that people are different and general statements rarely apply to everyone in a group... common knowledge doesn't need to be brought up every time a blanket statement is written or spoken.

Also, thank you for your concern, but I know the scripture and Christ's teachings quite well.

God Bless,
ironmonk