iggy Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 My uncle is one of the men behind the GODSTRONG bands people may have seen around, and he made a joke about a WWMD bracelet that made me wonder: would these really sell? So I thought I would take a poll and see!
goldenchild17 Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 Umm, yeah I would. She was without sin and all, so one can't really go wrong there. But I'd have to have one of WWJD as well.
KobeScott8 Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 (edited) Yeah, unless it was an ugly color or somethin like that. Edited May 30, 2005 by KobeScott8
Dreamweaver Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 Ooo, what a cool idea. I don't wear bracelets though. Mary is an important person to look to nowadays, where our culture and society is saturated with images and messages of sexual sin. Some color ideas: White, for purity Blue or pink: traditional colors our Lady is wearing in paintings.
geetarplayer Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 I am the one person so far who voted no. I think it would be superfluous. Wouldn't Mary do the same thing Jesus would do anyway? -Mark
Noel's angel Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 lol! I'm not really in to wearing bracelets but I can see why people would want one. I hate the way people buy them simply because they are 'fashionable'...it's almost as bad as those who wear rosarys as a necklace-they make me angry
IXpenguin21 Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 no, because the first thing mary would do, is probably not wear a bracelet reminding her to think of what she would do.
Old_Joe Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 You know what you could do? you could get both WWJD and WWMD bracelets and wear them on both wrists. I used to have one of those "Godstrong" ones but it snapped. What I would really like is a Pro-Life one that glows in the dark.
Catholictothecore Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 I would because there has never been a saint that imitated Christ more than she.
dspen2005 Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 i find the WWJD bracelets, etc.. to be somewhat superficial, especially for adults.... for children, i would grant a little more leeway.
Mickey's_Girl Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 Hee hee! As a former Protestant, I find a "What Would Mary Do" bracelet AWESOMELY subversive (even if not intended that way). Ironic, and gently poking fun at the Evangelical subculture. I love it. But that's just me. (That said--no, I wouldn't buy a bracelet, 'cause I don't wear those kinds. But I think they're a good idea for kids/teens.) MG
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 [quote] lol! I'm not really in to wearing bracelets but I can see why people would want one. I hate the way people buy them simply because they are 'fashionable'...it's almost as bad as those who wear rosarys as a necklace-they make me angry [/quote] my favorite Irishman (excpet of course Gerry Adams) Bono Wears a Rosary (in fact he wears two!!!) U2 is awesome!
RandomProddy Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='May 30 2005, 09:07 PM'] my favorite Irishman (excpet of course Gerry Adams) Bono Wears a Rosary (in fact he wears two!!!) [/quote] You might have to hate him soon, he's an Anglican.
Noel's angel Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 lol, which two in U2 aren't Irish???? What's the point in wearing two rosarys???
Luthien Posted May 30, 2005 Posted May 30, 2005 I looked at it real quick and thought it was a "WMD bracelet..." Weapons of Mass Destruction....
iggy Posted May 30, 2005 Author Posted May 30, 2005 So it would be better if maybe it said WWMD on one side and WWJD on the other?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now