An Old School Catholic Message Board

Be nice to mommies

Brother Adam

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Don John of Austria' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:25 PM']If I get to build the 15,000,000,000,000 brick building while sitting down eating icecream I'm in.
[right][snapback]610733[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, you get to build it while chasing little ones around, carrying the tired one who can't walk anymore, etc. If it were nine months of ice cream, well.... :D

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jun 15 2005, 01:53 PM']Chaa!!

I don't do that... I spend the majority of my 9 months feeling sick and/or kneeling before the porcelain goddess.
[right][snapback]612501[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:notworthy:

Don John of Austria

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jun 15 2005, 02:53 PM']Chaa!!

I don't do that... I spend the majority of my 9 months feeling sick and/or kneeling before the porcelain goddess.
[right][snapback]612501[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:P

[quote name='jmjtina' date='Jun 15 2005, 06:01 PM']:notworthy:
[right][snapback]612559[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:thumb:

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jun 13 2005, 05:23 PM']Mommies do a lot of work when they are pregnant. In the span of only 9 months they have given nourishment to a person who has gone from a one cell zygote to over 15,000,000,000,000 cells. Yes - 15 Trillion cells. If a man builds a 15 Trillion brick building in the same amount of time than he may sitteth with the woman and complain about a sore back.
[right][snapback]610731[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Your analogy is wrong because the woman doesn't build the baby, she just nourishes the baby who builds himself into a 15 trillion cell being. A man doesn't need to personally build the 15 trillion brick building in the same amount of time, but only needs to own the land on which the building is built.

Kilroy the Ninja

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jun 16 2005, 09:36 AM']Your analogy is wrong because the woman doesn't build the baby, she just nourishes the baby who builds himself into a 15 trillion cell being.  A man doesn't need to personally build the 15 trillion brick building in the same amount of time, but only needs to own the land on which the building is built.
[right][snapback]613220[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thin ice man, thin ice.

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='Kilroy the Ninja' date='Jun 16 2005, 10:58 AM']Thin ice man, thin ice.
[right][snapback]613285[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm just saying that by saying the mother creates the 15 trillion cells you put the pro-life viewpoint into jeopardy. If the mother is responsible for the creation of the babies cells then some may draw the conclusion that we believe that the baby is simply tissue belonging to the mother and not an individual being.

Disclaimer: I'm just trying to post debate-esque type comments in here. Mothers are to be taken into the highest regard for the sacrifices they make and love they give for the nine months of pregnancy needed for a child.

Brother Adam

Actually, I'm not wrong. The man can't simply watch the land. Not only does he have to own the land, he has to give half the the blue-prints (23 chromosones), nourish the workers (diet), take care of the land (exercise), make sure the right equipment is being used (diet), and so on. The building analogy also works because the man is not the building, but is responsible for it. The building is an entity by itself.

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jun 16 2005, 12:08 PM']Actually, I'm not wrong. The man can't simply watch the land. Not only does he have to own the land, he has to give half the the blue-prints (23 chromosones), nourish the workers (diet), take care of the land (exercise), make sure the right equipment is being used (diet), and so on. The building analogy also works because the man is not the building, but is responsible for it. The building is an entity by itself.
[right][snapback]613345[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
So the first brick in the building could be considered a building in and of itself, right?

franciscanheart

this thread has taken an interesting curve.

some mommies are [i]not[/i] fun to be around.... ever. :mellow:

Brother Adam

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jun 16 2005, 01:34 PM']So the first brick in the building could be considered a building in and of itself, right?
[right][snapback]613378[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Lol. Perhaps not the PERFECT analogy.

One brick does not make up a buliding. According to dictionary.com a buliding is something that is built, as for human habitation; a structure.

;)
meg