An Old School Catholic Message Board

Giuseppe Cardinal Siri

EcceNovaFacioOmni

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Supposedly the conclave that elected John XXIII originally elected Giuseppe Cardinal Siri and he allegedly said he wanted to be Gregory XVII but was forced not to accept, leading to the elected of Cardinal Roncalli, Pope John XXIII. There are even US intelligence about this stuff.

I don't think it holds much credibility, however, as nobody really knows what happened in the conclave. Cardinal Siri accepted John XXIII and all succeeding popes as Peter's successor. Even if he was elected, he did not accept. Just another psuedo-traditionalist conspiracy.

While it is a theory, there is no truth to it. Cardinal Siri never spoke of or gave credence. He remained in communion with Rome, gave his fidelity, to four popes, John XXIII, Paul VI, JP I, and JPII.

Regardless of the consipriacy theories, Cardinal Siri is just that, Cardinal Siri. There is no truth to this matter. What happens in the conclave stays there...regardless of the reports.

Cam

This has always been one of my favorite conspiracies!!! :rolling:

Apparently, at the election of John XXIII the smoke looked white, then turned black, then white again. Some people theorize that this is because there was a change... My favorite version of the theory says that Siri had accepted the papacy but was stopped by the communist-freemason-jews ( :blink: or insert your favorite bad-guys) who threatened to drop an atomic bomb on the Vatican if he did not abdicate. They then put John XXIII in his place (without a proper election). After John XXIII died, the conclave elected Siri again, but he refused until it was a unanimous vote. He was unanimously elected and accepted. Once again, the communist-freemason-jews stopped him, threatening som horrible evil, and place Paul VI as pope. For John Paul I, there is question as to whether there was a repeat of the previous or if he was legitimately elected then killed because he refused to abdicate. After his death, Siri was once again unanimously elected then force to abdicate (by the very same people who had just elected him, mind you...), replaced by the communist-freemason-jew John Paul II (I love when they call JPII a communist...too funny).

Another version says that after the first election, he ruled secretly (still acting as a regular cardinal) and hand-picked his as yet unnamed successor before his death.

If I ever wrote a "Catholic Enquirer" tabloid, this would definitely be a front-page story...

[quote name='Mrvoll' date='Jun 15 2005, 02:05 PM']I read about it on www.nouvosordowatch.org

I wonder what the Church would be like if he was named Pope?
[right][snapback]612451[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And that is how we know it is unreliable.....

NovusOrdo Watch.....laughable :rotfl:

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jun 15 2005, 03:26 PM']And that is how we know it is unreliable.....

NovusOrdo Watch.....laughable  :rotfl:
[right][snapback]612531[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Check out all the "sinister" photos of the "evil" popes on the homepage's head! :rolling: