Brother Adam Posted June 16, 2005 Posted June 16, 2005 Shameless Ad: If someone actually doesn't have a copy of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I have a copy for sale. It is the 2 disc collectors DVD in all its glory. I'll sell it and ship it media mail for $10 or priority for $12.50. I just got my super duper deluxe edition with a frame cell from the original movie (not a laxitive wik.) and the original screenplay
thessalonian Posted June 16, 2005 Posted June 16, 2005 In all honesty in my secular days I watched monty python but I am not sure I could with a good conscience today. Though it does make me laugh to think back on it. The Holy Grail perhaps wasn't so bad as I recall (It's been a long time since I've watched it), but the life of Brian is rather sacralidgeous. Point is I would reflect on whether you should sell them to others. Like I said, I don't know about the Holy Grail as it's been a long time. Seems there was a part in there about a convent that wasn't too great. Blessings
Crispy Posted June 16, 2005 Posted June 16, 2005 holy grail i think is ok because i think its more satirical of the medival age than of religion so i think its ok. life of brian isnt that cool though, i watched it a couple times a while ago an it really strays too far into the realm of sacrelige. i dissaprove.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 16, 2005 Posted June 16, 2005 I'll buy it, but hold it for me and we'll do the transaction in a couple months.
Brother Adam Posted June 16, 2005 Author Posted June 16, 2005 [quote name='thessalonian' date='Jun 16 2005, 10:22 AM']In all honesty in my secular days I watched monty python but I am not sure I could with a good conscience today. Though it does make me laugh to think back on it. The Holy Grail perhaps wasn't so bad as I recall (It's been a long time since I've watched it), but the life of Brian is rather sacralidgeous. Point is I would reflect on whether you should sell them to others. Like I said, I don't know about the Holy Grail as it's been a long time. Seems there was a part in there about a convent that wasn't too great. Blessings [right][snapback]613214[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Of course I would never sell something if it was that bad. The collection I own now is night and day compared to a few years ago. The Life of Brain is sickening, but The Holy Grail is quite good, only two objectional parts (Castle Anthrax and certain revealing of antomical rear body parts) can be easily skipped over. I think it was HSmom who commented that we seem to have an overwhelming number of family movies. But the HG is a movie most can handle, though not for small children.
homeschoolmom Posted June 16, 2005 Posted June 16, 2005 "come see the violence inherant in the system."
thessalonian Posted June 16, 2005 Posted June 16, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jun 16 2005, 11:40 AM']Of course I would never sell something if it was that bad. The collection I own now is night and day compared to a few years ago. The Life of Brain is sickening, but The Holy Grail is quite good, only two objectional parts (Castle Anthrax and certain revealing of antomical rear body parts) can be easily skipped over. I think it was HSmom who commented that we seem to have an overwhelming number of family movies. But the HG is a movie most can handle, though not for small children. [right][snapback]613322[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Just raising the question. I think your right and it has been a long time since I've seen it. God bless
Brother Adam Posted June 16, 2005 Author Posted June 16, 2005 I love it because it is so well received in society and most of it is clean. It is a great evangelical tool to discuss God.
Noel's angel Posted June 16, 2005 Posted June 16, 2005 just as long as lending, reselling etc. isn't prohibited
Brother Adam Posted June 16, 2005 Author Posted June 16, 2005 [quote name='God Conquers' date='Jun 16 2005, 01:11 PM']I'll give you $10 Canadian! [right][snapback]613348[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That's what...like $6 USA?
Jaime Posted June 16, 2005 Posted June 16, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 16 2005, 11:45 AM']"come see the violence inherant in the system." [right][snapback]613324[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 16 2005, 11:48 AM']"you could call me 'Dennis.'" [right][snapback]613328[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Two more reasons to like HSMom!! That and she's a Minnesota girl.
God Conquers Posted June 16, 2005 Posted June 16, 2005 Watery tarts lobbing scimitars are no basis for a system of government!
Brother Adam Posted June 16, 2005 Author Posted June 16, 2005 I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper. I fluffy air extraction in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries. Fetchez la vache!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now