An Old School Catholic Message Board

An answer to my problem

Catholictothecore

Catholictothecore

Have any of you guys ever heard "John Corapi's Amazing Story?" Plot of his life so far is simple; catholic youth who knew he was destined for greatness, saught it in football, business, had red Ferrari before that was the thing to have, found the thrill of cocainne, nearly died, spent 15 years recoperating and repenting, and is now a priest.

I am going to seminary in fall 2006, or at least, I'm going to try. I'm not saying I'm going to be a priest, or that my problem is truly solved....but I'm going to follow what I'm sure of.

Jesus is telling me to "Come and see" for my live, and no matter how good a Catholic college I could go to, a seminary is going to be better.

I could still use a lot of prayers for a petition that I'm keeping to myself for now, though.

Count on our prayers, and be assured that no matter what Jesus is calling you to, you'll get there if you follow where He points you.

ThyWillBeDone

You will be in my prayers. I am a seminarian and I can tell you the seminary is the best place to be to find out what God is calling you to.
God Bless

FiatLux1860

God bless you in your discernment! I used to think it would be so cool if girls could enter the seminary because I know seminarians can learn so much and undoubtedly grow much closer to Our Lord. But obviously I'll just have to live with picking up what I can from cool priests and seminarians. :cool: Whatever you find is right for you, I hope your experience will be a most +blessed+ one!

Catholictothecore

I plan on either entering St. Thomas Aquinas in St. Paul, MN, for diocesen service, or, as I really want, the seminary for the MIC's in Washington DC.

Catholictothecore

the minor seminary is St. Thomas Aqauinas. It'd be cool, as I'd be going as a Franciscan, so right from the start, even in college, I'd wear the habit of a novice.