An Old School Catholic Message Board

lyrics sites

bx_racer

can you believe most lyric sites are illegal? then how are we supposed to know if the music has something inappropriate before we buy it or what if we do buy it and we just want to know what they're saying? do we have to follow laws like this that just promote greed?

crusader1234

I've never ever ran into a situation where an artist I wanted to find lyrics for hadn't made their lyrics public on their website.

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 17 2005, 12:53 AM']I've never ever ran into a situation where an artist I wanted to find lyrics for hadn't made their lyrics public on their website.
[right][snapback]614250[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

actually i'm at the strokes website right now and they dont have any lyrics there

Guest Eremite

Illegal? Do you have a source for this?

I don't see why they would be illegal. It's not like giving a transcript of a book, because music is a different medium. It is audio. Transcribing the lyrics wouldn't be illegal, IMO.

Noel's angel

unoffical sites are being made to take off the lyrics on their site, as well as any chords they have-I was reading about it on a Paul Simon site a few weeks ago

Noel's angel

yeah, i know. Are they gonna ban radio stations as well? Wouldn't want people hearing the lyrics without buying the song...

Guest Eremite

[quote]unoffical sites are being made to take off the lyrics on their site, as well as any chords they have-I was reading about it on a Paul Simon site a few weeks ago [/quote]

Wow, that's bizarre. Do you know if it's gone to court yet? I'd bet the courts would allow it.

Noel's angel

I'm not sure. The site is down at the minute, but I'll check and see if they know any more about it

IcePrincessKRS

I think thats ridiculous.... I guess it must have something to do with "publishing" the artists copyrighted material withough permission.... ??

crusader1234

[quote name='immaculata' date='Jun 17 2005, 05:22 PM']to quote Crusader1234... this ---- is bananas... B A N A N A S!!
[right][snapback]614828[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Straight up from the harajuku 'HOOD.