An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have you all seen this commercial?

phatcatholic

[quote name='azaelia' date='Jun 24 2005, 10:45 AM']If he were a real priest, I think I would have to stop going to his parish...:bugeyes:
Funny ad though...*cough* Yep. :mellow:
[right][snapback]621573[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:rotfl: Okay yeah we're definantly sisters.

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jun 24 2005, 03:49 PM']Haven't actually seen the ad, but it sounds more silly than scandalous.
[/quote]

I don't think it's scandalous in the least. It takes a serious subject (immoral behavior during spring and summer breaks) and injects a moral tone into it. The priest knows what she's thinking, blesses her, and moves on. I think it's rather subversive, actually (in a positive way). :)

Edited by Technicoid

i dont like it at all i think its another attempt to get that kinda juxtaposition of preists are supposed to be good but u dont know what they do when they are on break they could be "naughty" its really sexual in their looks towards each other and then when hes goes to take the water off the can is it me or does it look like he touches her breast?

homeschoolmom

I thought the priests "looks" were of the "you're going to feel kinda stupid in a minute..." variety...

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 24 2005, 04:55 PM']I thought the priests "looks" were of the "you're going to feel kinda stupid in a minute..." variety...
[right][snapback]622072[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes, exactly!

I have trouble rewatching that ad. So awkward!!! :ph34r: :D

[quote name='curtins' date='Jun 24 2005, 04:17 PM']i dont like it at all i think its another attempt to get that kinda juxtaposition of preists are supposed to be good but u dont know what they do when they are on break they could be "naughty" its really sexual in their looks towards each other and then when hes goes to take the water off the can is it me or does it look like he touches her breast?
[right][snapback]622040[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

She reaches to adjust her strap in a failed attempt to look more modest.

Ash Wednesday

Haha.. I mentioned it on my blog. I think it has a very interesting message about the pitfalls of immodest flirting and lust when you think about it. ^_^