An Old School Catholic Message Board

biofield therapy

jezic

without even touching the spiritual aspect (that is clearly heretical and not good), what do you guys think about biofield therapy/energy medicine?

[quote name='jezic' date='Jun 27 2005, 09:07 PM']well i wouldn't quite say that .... :D
[right][snapback]625792[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, you asked what we thought. :P

[quote name='jezic' date='Jun 27 2005, 09:15 PM']i know. But that isn't saying much.

Do you think it works?
[right][snapback]625801[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Honestly, I don't know much about it. But if this involves waving hands over people and such, there is no way it could scientifically work. Any results are all in your head. Since you said the "spiritual aspect:" is not good, what merit could there be in it?

CatholicAndFanatical

Socrates,
are you apart of any other phorums? Like Hannity for instance?

just wondering.

peace

[quote name='CatholicAndFanatical' date='Jun 27 2005, 09:25 PM']Socrates,
  are you apart of any other phorums? Like Hannity for instance?

just wondering.

peace
[right][snapback]625819[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No. As you can tell, I spend all my forum-posting time here (it's just too darned adictive!) I occasionally post in the CatholicMatch forums, but they're not as fun somehow.

Did I remind you of someone?

because the spiritual aspect is only one path to take and it is not required or necessary.

If you wanted to tackle it, some of the deeper stuff involves certain pagan symbols and talking to spirit guides. Both of which are not good.

[quote name='jezic' date='Jun 27 2005, 09:32 PM']because the spiritual aspect is only one path to take and it is not required or necessary.

If you wanted to tackle it, some of the deeper stuff involves certain pagan symbols and talking to spirit guides. Both of which are not good.
[right][snapback]625832[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Then it sounds not just worthless, but evil and spiritually dangerous.

If there is nothing spiritual involved, what can waving your hands over someone do physically?

CatholicAndFanatical

There is a member at hannity.com with your name. Was wondering if it was you. He's also a defender of the Church.

We'll hello anyway. Glad to see you here.

I use to post here constantly as well. Just been too busy lately to do it. Hope to see you around.

God Bless

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jun 27 2005, 09:35 PM']Then it sounds not just worthless, but evil and spiritually dangerous.

If there is nothing spiritual involved, what can waving your hands over someone do physically?
[right][snapback]625836[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

many things, but like i said. The spiritual aspect is dangerous but has been "added" in the past years. Things are possible without it.

Yeah, like most occult/pagan/new age stuff, it's either worthless, or if it works, it's evil.

Always makes me sad to hear people taken in by this stuff.

hmm i wonder though, what if it has nothing to do with the "new age" and a lot to do with the first one?

touch "healing" was popular for thousands of years before Christ in the East and immediately afterwards with the early Church. Does that sound very new age?

I have no idea how the term "new age" was coined, or what it really refers to. I think of it as the collective wackyness promoted in free magazines at the vegetarian restaurant...

It's all vaugely mystical feel-good snake oil, as far as I can tell. Lots of touches to various world and/or ancient religions, but no structure.

What exactly were you wondering about Biofield Therapy?