kateri05 Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 heck yes its all about FRAGGGGLES!!! i have both Red and Gobo not to mention these weird interactive tape/booklets that you would press the red, green, yellow or blue button on every page and make a choice and that would change the story line. SUPER fun. who remembers teddy rupskin?
Didacus Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 [quote name='sweetpea316' date='Jun 30 2005, 03:41 PM']*hug* [right][snapback]628617[/snapback][/right] [/quote] How sweet of you! *put hug in his pocket*
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 At seminary, we had a poster on the garbage room that said, "Diocese of Fraggle Rock"...heheh...
Lil Red Posted June 30, 2005 Author Posted June 30, 2005 [quote name='kateri05' date='Jun 30 2005, 02:47 PM']heck yes its all about FRAGGGGLES!!! i have both Red and Gobo not to mention these weird interactive tape/booklets that you would press the red, green, yellow or blue button on every page and make a choice and that would change the story line. SUPER fun. who remembers teddy rupskin? [right][snapback]628624[/snapback][/right] [/quote] okay, teddy rupskin DID scare me
Lil Red Posted June 30, 2005 Author Posted June 30, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 30 2005, 03:00 PM']At seminary, we had a poster on the garbage room that said, "Diocese of Fraggle Rock"...heheh... [right][snapback]628641[/snapback][/right] [/quote] cute!
sweetpea316 Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Jun 30 2005, 04:03 PM']okay, teddy rupskin DID scare me [right][snapback]628645[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I agree.... I never really got into that....
Jaime Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 30 2005, 02:43 PM']I'm too old to remember Fraggle Rock as anything other than "that show with the not-quite-right-looking Muppets." [right][snapback]628559[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I believe I speak for HSMom (if I may) that Fraggle Rock is a pale comparison to the Muppet Show! Which btw the theme of the Muppet Show is my current ringtone
homeschoolmom Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 Amen, brother... but give me H. R. Puff-n-stuff over either of them... that show was trippy... [color=gray]"Jimmy.... Jimmy!!!!"[/color]
Ash Wednesday Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 [img]http://www.coolstuffvideos.com/images/spacepic6.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.coolstuffvideos.com/images/spacepic16.JPG[/img] If any of you oldsters remember reruns of the Space Giants (with Gam, Goldar and Silvar) from WTBS in the late 70s and up until about 1980, then I'm your friend forever. OR if you remember the Amazing Cosmic Awareness of Duffy Moon. "You can do it, Duffy Moon! You can do it!"
Theologian in Training Posted July 1, 2005 Posted July 1, 2005 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Jun 30 2005, 05:07 PM']btw, theo, amazon is running a 40% off Fox Tv shows sale...Simpsons Season 6 is listed at $32.49 [right][snapback]628582[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Np about the link and thank you for the info. I am definitely going to have to check that out. However, I did find that if you go to Wal-Mart on the day that it is released, they usually sell it for about the same price. God Bless
Snowcatpa Posted July 1, 2005 Posted July 1, 2005 [quote name='kateri05' date='Jun 30 2005, 05:47 PM']who remembers teddy rupskin? [right][snapback]628624[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [color=purple] Teddy Rupskin! Was he the bear that would read to you? Like.. he had weird eyes that were always staring at you, and you could put a tape in his belly and his mouth would open and close like he was talking. How educational was he !!!! But yes... I have to agree with Lil Red... if I'm thinking about the same toy, he was a little freaky sometimes...kids today don't know how scary old technology could be!!!! Case in point: Dark Crystal... nuff said.[/color]
Lil Red Posted July 1, 2005 Author Posted July 1, 2005 i agree with snowcatpa, teddy was so freaky lookin'!!
Antipas Posted July 1, 2005 Posted July 1, 2005 When I was a child, in the late 70's and early 80's, I watched Fraggle Rock every chance I could get. I loved that show. I even had one of the Fraggle Rock characters as a doll. I can't remember which one it was, but it was my favorite teddy bear type toy that I carried around with me nearly everywhere I went. But thanks be to God that we're not built on the Fraggle Rock, we are built on Jesus Rock!
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 1, 2005 Posted July 1, 2005 WE LOVED Fraggle Rock!!!!!!!!! WOOT! We never got into Teddy Rupskin, though... I do remember him. What about the My Buddy and Kid Sister dolls? haha We didn't have those either, but we have a neighbor who was a few years older than us and she always called our little brother her buddy so one day when she told us "I'm getting My Buddy for Christmas" I told her off "You are NOT!!! You CAN'T have MY brother for Christmas!!!" Yeah, this was when they first came out, and I guess I hadn't heard of them or forgot, but I remember being really mad about that, but then she explained that it was a doll... heh heh
Antipas Posted July 1, 2005 Posted July 1, 2005 The My Buddy doll reminded me too much of "Chucky" (that doll that came to life and killed people). I had a friend who had a My Buddy doll. I was very leary of it everytime I went to his house.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 1, 2005 Posted July 1, 2005 :haha: There were old portraits at my great-grandmother's house that did freaked us out as kids... now that I know who they are of I wouldn't mind having them in my own home after Granny passes away (may it be a long time in the future).
homeschoolmom Posted July 1, 2005 Posted July 1, 2005 When I was in fourth grade I got a vantriloquist dummy for my birthday. Unfortunately, that was the same year that the movie [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077889/"]MAGIC[/url] came out... I hated that thing. I think it's still in my mother's basement... waiting to eat me... :ph34r: It's probably next to the creepy "Sad Clown" paintings that my dad painted. He could never understand why my brother and I hated going downstairs....
Lil Red Posted July 1, 2005 Author Posted July 1, 2005 hsmom, i think i would've had nightmares living at your house. creepy dolls and scary clowns??? yikes!!!
Lil Red Posted July 1, 2005 Author Posted July 1, 2005 reading the book "IT" finished clowns for me. *shudders*
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now