jezic Posted July 13, 2005 Posted July 13, 2005 this is really sad now. how, how could anyone ever act like this? Is it really so hard to see how selfish and self-centered all of it is...... How is Jesus even present when people act like this ......
Brother Adam Posted July 13, 2005 Posted July 13, 2005 [quote name='jezic' date='Jul 13 2005, 03:34 PM']How is Jesus even present when people act like this ...... [right][snapback]642196[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Hrm... you offer a very good point. We were just talking about that in class today.
Fidei Defensor Posted July 13, 2005 Posted July 13, 2005 [quote name='thessalonian' date='Jul 13 2005, 02:29 PM']Much too long. Call it the FDV. Then you can have your name carried on through the centuries and people can claim it's the most perfect transalation ever. Even better than the original greek and hebrew. Will it be gender nuetered so I can use it in my non-denominational Church. It won't work in my legalistic one accross the street. I'll need to use a more traditional (I hate that word) bible for that. It's going to be tough preparing too sermons until the collections come up in the new one. [right][snapback]642191[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Sure. FDV it is then. I will make sure to avoid all potention interpretation clashes by making sure all genders are universal, and i will use small, easy to understand words instead of big hard ones, and instead of using the metaphors and stuff Jesus uses, I will put what he really means, so that way, no one will be confused.
photosynthesis Posted July 13, 2005 Posted July 13, 2005 [quote name='jezic' date='Jul 13 2005, 04:34 PM']this is really sad now. how, how could anyone ever act like this? Is it really so hard to see how selfish and self-centered all of it is...... How is Jesus even present when people act like this ...... [right][snapback]642196[/snapback][/right] [/quote] those were my exact thoughts when I was "church-hopping" from one Protestant Church to another. I didn't really know about the Reformation till college (i skipped european history in high school) and during my sophomore year I took History of Early Modern Europe and learned about the Reformation in-depth. I had just come back to Christ at the time and was going to Lutheran, Baptist, nondenominational, churches and seeing how sola scriptura leads to division in the church was one of the things that brought me back to Catholicism.
Fidei Defensor Posted July 13, 2005 Posted July 13, 2005 [quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jul 13 2005, 02:57 PM']those were my exact thoughts when I was "church-hopping" from one Protestant Church to another. I didn't really know about the Reformation till college (i skipped european history in high school) and during my sophomore year I took History of Early Modern Europe and learned about the Reformation in-depth. I had just come back to Christ at the time and was going to Lutheran, Baptist, nondenominational, churches and seeing how sola scriptura leads to division in the church was one of the things that brought me back to Catholicism. [right][snapback]642240[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That is exactly what I tell others. They always tell me that they just "go to the Bible" but obviously that hasnt worked for the past 500 years, and It wont work now. You need someone who has the authority to intepret the Bible correctly, and with the sacred traditions of the apostles.
photosynthesis Posted July 13, 2005 Posted July 13, 2005 (edited) what's really sad to me is that I have protestant friends who KNOW that they need authority, they KNOW that rebelling against legitimate authority is a sin, but they look for authority in the wrong place--their pastor. I think pastors play a huge role in a lot of these protestants' lives... One of my friends consults her pastor about EVERYTHING. Why consult your pastor when you could consult 2000 years of sacred tradition? I guess eventually they'll realize that trying to find legitimate authority in a protestant church is futile Edited July 13, 2005 by photosynthesis
jezic Posted July 13, 2005 Posted July 13, 2005 i wonder if they will ever change. though we should almost do this over again. It is valuable lessons into how the world outside the Catholic Church works. Would it help with evangelization efforts?
photosynthesis Posted July 13, 2005 Posted July 13, 2005 I don't know if it would help with evangelisation efforts, but at least it's a good satire. a lot of my protestant friends, when challenged about sola scriptura, say "Our authority is the Holy Spirit who helps us interpret the Word of God." But the Holy Spirit is a spirit of unity and clarity, not dissidence and confusion.
Norseman82 Posted August 11, 2005 Posted August 11, 2005 [quote name='fidei defensor' date='Jul 12 2005, 05:08 PM']That depends on how you interpret "a". [right][snapback]641219[/snapback][/right] [/quote] OK, who let Bill Clinton in????
MC Just Posted October 29, 2005 Posted October 29, 2005 too many indulgences here, im working on my 101 thesis right now.
Catholictothecore Posted October 29, 2005 Posted October 29, 2005 depends if your still loyal to the magestirium, or are you being rebellious to Papa Ben?
thessalonian Posted October 29, 2005 Author Posted October 29, 2005 [quote name='MC Just' date='Oct 29 2005, 12:57 PM']ill be Kenneth Luther. [right][snapback]773506[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Hey start your own Church.
morostheos Posted October 29, 2005 Posted October 29, 2005 it never ends!!!!! :bugeyes: Quality stuff though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now