Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

You know you're a Catholic Nerd when...


Recommended Posts

Posted

...when you worry about not doing the spiritual and corporal works of mercy

Posted

When you wear a Crucifix and three medals to work every day.

When you bless yourself with Holy Water before you go to sleep at night. (and your pillow for sweet dreams and your bed to keep evil away and your cat just because she is there.)

When you bless the inside and outside of your car with Holy Water before any major trip and just the inside when making any drive.

When you automatically make the sign of the cross to pray before meals when you are at a restaurant.

When you know the daily line up on relevant radio.

When you are in a conversation with people at work or the store or wherever and you notice you now always stand with your hands clasped in front of you as you would if in church.

All of the previous except for me too, thinking someone wearing a scapular is hot. Now, a cassock, that is something else. :prop:

Posted

... when you find yourself humming a chant or piece of sacred music that you happen to like.

Spamity Calamity
Posted

"...you get excited that you can buy cheap Guadalupe candles in the ethnic section of the grocery store."

Thats kinda like me. I walk by there and I'm like "oooooh pretty!"

Posted

When your father asks what you want for a confirmation gift and you tell him and now he has made you one just like this one. Solid Oak, leather padding. ooohhhh........... [url="http://www.catholicfamilycatalog.com/kneeler.htm"]http://www.catholicfamilycatalog.com/kneeler.htm[/url]

Posted

...you dream about how to depict various saints with LEGO pieces! I figured out how to make St. George and St. Maximilian Kolbe.

icelandic_iceskater
Posted

hahahaha!!!!!

  • 6 months later...
Posted

[quote name='avemaria40' post='644859' date='Jul 15 2005, 07:45 PM']-u start taking current songs and making Catholic versions of them (i've done this with "Hey Baby" and i am making one for Drop it like its Hot)[/quote]

Baby Got Book is a good example of this on youtube! :)
Just search Bible song!

lol, I tried finding a way to make a Catholic version of Katy Perry's song "I kissed a girl." That was challenging...that song is almost beyond conversion. lol

"I went to mass
And I liked it
Choir singing
and the candles lit
I went to mass
Just to try it
Holy Sacrifice
So Eucharistic!"

Posted

[quote name='photosynthesis' post='644707' date='Jul 15 2005, 04:29 PM']..."offer it up" is in your vocabulary (extra nerdiness if you add "for the good of Holy Mother Church")

...you get excited that you can buy cheap Guadalupe candles in the ethnic section of the grocery store.

...you compare a shower to confession...instead of confession to a shower[/quote]

...when being "on fire" is a good thing!
...when you spend as much time as we all do on phatmass
...when you have to stop yourself from dipping your fingers in an ordinary water fountain and beginning to make the sign of the cross

Posted

...when your favorite vacation souvenirs are rosary centers.

...when you pick up necklaces at thrift stores and garage sales to count the beads to see if there is enough to make a rosary out of.

littlesister
Posted

...when you make a Sign of the Cross every time you pass a church

...when you stand all the way through the Palm Sunday Gospel without moving your feet, to get a soul out of purgatory

missionseeker
Posted

When you know the difference between R.C. Catholis and non- Regnum Christi by the way they pray. (may we be made worthy; may we become worthy)

Lil' Wanderer
Posted (edited)

"..... when you have enough Catholic t-shirts for every day of the week and then some"

I qualify for this one...., I have:

4 misc.,
3 DCYC, &
5 St. Matt. shirts!!

So I have 12 Catholic shirts....., and counting!! :))

Get catholic shirts at:

[url="http://www.completelycatholic.com"]http://www.completelycatholic.com[/url]

Edited by Lil' Wanderer
dominicansoul
Posted

...when you have the urge to genuflect before going into the aisle at the movie theatre...(my uncle actually did this once!)

Posted

...when you see that something is happening on a certain date, and your first thought is the feast of that day.

The other day I saw that something was happening on August 6th, and my first thought was that it's the Feast of the Transfiguration.

Posted

... upon walking into a public space, such as a movie theatre, you feel the sudden urge to genuflect.

I know I do!

Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1610671' date='Jul 28 2008, 02:22 PM']...when you have the urge to genuflect before going into the aisle at the movie theatre...(my uncle actually did this once!)[/quote]

Darnit! You beat me to it!

dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='mommas_boy' post='1610683' date='Jul 28 2008, 01:30 PM']Darnit! You beat me to it![/quote]


Just goes to show just how Catholic we are!!!

:lol_roll:

kenrockthefirst
Posted

When you want to say "amen" after the Pledge of Allegiance. (Apologies to non-US phatmassers.)

Posted

[quote name='Dreamweaver' post='1447746' date='Jan 19 2008, 10:27 AM']...you dream about how to depict various saints with LEGO pieces! I figured out how to make St. George and St. Maximilian Kolbe.[/quote]

you respond to odd posts on a forum named phatmass.

big deal. any one of the knight guys could be St. George.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...