Noel's angel Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 [url="http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=150041944&p=y5xx4z65x"]http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?...944&p=y5xx4z65x[/url] Mother defends putting kiddie pics on eBay 20/07/2005 - 11:13:08 A mum who sold photographs of her bathing children on eBay insisted today: “I didn’t think I was doing anything wrong.” Emotional mother of four Sara Fox was paid just £5.50 (€7.90) in a bid to raise cash for a family holiday in the United States before the pictures were withdrawn from auction after a barrage of internet complaints. At her home in Ballymena, Co Antrim, she said: “With hindsight, I suppose it was ignorance on my part. But they were put there for a genuine reason and I never imagined it would have caused such a fuss.” One of the photographs showed her 11-month old daughter naked in the bath with her young brother and sister. With her husband due to lose his job, the auction was an attempt to fund a holiday back to her home state of Wisconsin where a fourth child, her seven-year-old daughter, lives. Mrs Fox, 24, said: “Mothers allow their babies to model nappies, bathtime products and baby foods where there is more showing, and nobody takes offence with that. “I respect people’s rights to do what they want, but I maintain I wasn’t doing wrong showing anything of my children which you can’t see in a photograph on a child’s bottle, a packet of nappies or whatever. “The woman who bought the pictures didn’t even want them. She did so because she sympathised with my plight – £5.50 isn’t going to get me very far and the way it’s looking, I’ll probably not make it back home. “I just thought it was worth a try. It was like desperation and I don’t know how I’m going to tell my daughter.” Mrs Fox said it never occurred to her that paedophiles might access the site. She added: “Maybe that’s my shortfall, maybe that’s my ignorance. Nothing clicked in me. A kid in a bathtub is a kid in a bathtub. You see them on TV and that’s okay. What I was doing was personal, but I did take the pictures off the sale. “If I had put more thought into it; if I had put more thought into the photographs I was posting…obviously it was the bathtub one which put everybody off. When I put them on, I never thought in those terms. “I was thinking: ‘My kids look absolutely beautiful and they’re together’. I couldn’t see how people could take such offence and I still maintain they still show them better that those who advertise baby products.” *speechless*
SRMartin15 Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 Some people do not think, at all. Ok first off do you really think you will make that much money off of family photo's on E-bay? Second your children are naked!!!! This is the most disturbing part about this whole thing. Very dissapointing. Sean
Noel's angel Posted July 20, 2005 Author Posted July 20, 2005 I know, its sick-does she have no respect for her own kids?? Who did she think was going to buy them???
homeschoolmom Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 Some people are really, really dumb... Or just naive... or greedy.
bx_racer Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 alright i think u guys are overreacting they are just kids, i dont think anyone would want those pics, but she might as well give it a shot.
Noel's angel Posted July 20, 2005 Author Posted July 20, 2005 the only people that would want that sort of picture is a pervert-she was lucky that the woman who bought them, didn't actually want the pictures, but felt sorry for the woman
dUSt Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 The oldest kid was 11 months old? Who cares? Naked babies are cute. But, that doesn't make much sense... how can there be three kids with the oldest being 11 months? That's not biologically possible, unless the younger two were twins.
avemaria40 Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 Ok, i understand that selling pix of ur babies in the bath on the internet is prob not the smartest thing to do, but i can understand that she was desperate for the $$ to see her daughter and what mother wouldn't want to visit her child? i only see good intentions on the part of the mother. Also, if someone is turned on by naked babies in the bath (which u see on commercials for like, Johnson's baby bath or watever) then they need to see a psychiatrist, b/c, everyone has those, and parents put pix of their babies in the bath in their photoalbums which they show to other relatives and everyone has those. also, naked babies are adorable! and its not like its dirty, lustful, or immodest, they're babies for crying out loud!
Fidei Defensor Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 You would think one has better things to sell than a picture of your children..
bx_racer Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 hey chill out people, i mean if naked babies turn you on i think you guys are the ones who need help
Fidei Defensor Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 I still would think that one would have something other than a picture of your children naked in the bath to sell on ebay. I mean, she had to be expecting someone to buy it or she wouldnt have put it up. And obviously, no one is going to buy a regular picture of some kids, so she figured that someone would buy it because they were naked. I dont mean to judge her on the basis of just this story, but i mean, she had to almost be expecting someone perverted to buy it if she though she was going to make any money at all of a picture. ...
bx_racer Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 no, she said they were together and they looked beautiful or something like that, u know like they were cute. can any people who have kids relate to that?
Jake Huether Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 [quote]no, she said they were together and they looked beautiful or something like that, u know like they were cute. can any people who have kids relate to that?[/quote] She couldn't take a picture of them on the couch together.. in clothes?? [quote name='fidei defensor' date='Jul 20 2005, 09:06 AM']I still would think that one would have something other than a picture of your children naked in the bath to sell on ebay. I mean, she had to be expecting someone to buy it or she wouldnt have put it up. And obviously, no one is going to buy a regular picture of some kids, so she figured that someone would buy it because they were naked. I dont mean to judge her on the basis of just this story, but i mean, she had to almost be expecting someone perverted to buy it if she though she was going to make any money at all of a picture. ... [right][snapback]650918[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I agree. No one's going to buy a family portrait. But there are those that will buy naked baby pictures. It's sad. And I can't judge this ladies intentions. But it's just so obviouse that there's more than "oh they were cute and together." LOL. Sick. :angry:
dUSt Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 [color=red]WARNING!!! [/color]Naked baby pictures: [img]http://netenviesdemariage.free.fr/images/cal_geddes_03.jpg[/img] [img]http://netenviesdemariage.free.fr/images/cal_geddes_05.jpg[/img] [img]http://netenviesdemariage.free.fr/images/cal_geddes_07.jpg[/img] [img]http://netenviesdemariage.free.fr/images/cal_geddes_01.jpg[/img] Anne Geddes and Celine Dion are really sick and need to be in prison right now. Give me a break. It's babies people. Not a big deal.
Jake Huether Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 Um.. little different dUSt. context is key. Portraits of your baby are great. No one is saying it's wrong to look at or have naked baby pics. Naked babies are cute. You also can't see the babies private parts in these photos. They are posed in innocent and fun positions... not in the bath tub. This lady was trying to make a buck of her naked babies, whether the buyer was a pervert or just thought the babies were cute. I haven't seen the pictures my self. But according to the backlash, they must have been pretty bad. I'm sure if they were from the wast up, with the rim of the tub covering the sensitive areas, it'd be different. But why bath pictures?? Why ebay! for what? $5. Shoot. flip burgers for crying out loud and make $5 every hour! It's all just ickey.
StColette Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 [quote name='dUSt' date='Jul 20 2005, 11:13 AM'] [img]http://netenviesdemariage.free.fr/images/cal_geddes_05.jpg[/img] [right][snapback]651034[/snapback][/right] [/quote] too cute!
dUSt Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 [quote name='Jake Huether' date='Jul 20 2005, 11:23 AM'] They are posed in innocent and fun positions... not in the bath tub.[/quote] I've seen many cute pictures of babies in bathtubs--not only in photos, but on advertisements, commercials and baby products. [quote]This lady was trying to make a buck of her naked babies, whether the buyer was a pervert or just thought the babies were cute. [/quote] How is this different than what Anne Geddes does? [quote]I haven't seen the pictures my self. But according to the backlash, they must have been pretty bad. I'm sure if they were from the wast up, with the rim of the tub covering the sensitive areas, it'd be different.[/quote] Why so be so quick to judge if you haven't seen the pictures? I haven't read anything descriibing the pictures, so is it fair to assume this lady is in the wrong? [quote]But why bath pictures?? Why ebay! for what? $5. Shoot. flip burgers for crying out loud and make $5 every hour![/quote] Why does anybody sell anything on eBay? Why doesn't everyone just get a job? [quote] It's all just ickey.[/quote] Only if the kids had poopey diapers on.
dUSt Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 [img]http://www.mikesbaby.com/images/bathtub-art.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/d/m/dmd7/Family/2LT/bathtub.jpg[/img] [img]http://members.shaw.ca/goombahs/Assets/Photos/Albums/Eric/images/Eric%20the%20Baby%20In%20A%20Bathtub.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.francistapon.com/photos/images/Bathtub.jpg[/img] I'm such a pervert.
Honour Posted July 20, 2005 Posted July 20, 2005 The lady said they show more in diaper comercials so obviously there werent any exposed privates! E-bay is full of sob story auctions, for a good cause, and some of them do well....I don't blame the mother, and I'm not sorry for the kids. Of course none of us saw the pictures, but it seems like everyone is over reacting.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now