An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy Birthday Veramaria!

Dave

Guess what?

Today I have youth group, at 7, and we're having a priest, Father Chris, in the confessional, so one by one we'll go and confess!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What better way to start a new year, my 15th, than clean and forgiven??

My parents wouldn't take me on Saturdays, when confessions are usually heard, and i was despairing of being able to go, since they won't drive me, and i really, really wanted to go!!

Then our youth minister tells us that confessions will be heard ON MY B-DAY!!!!!!!! My mom drives me there because a friend of hers told her that her daughter loved it, but she won't take me to confession or even to Mass, so i think that's weird...but whatever....YAY!! Confession on my b-day!!

The Lord is watching out for me, and he's showing me that if i trust in him, he'll find a way!!!!!!!!!

YAY FOR CONFESSION!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! I was just starting a birthday thread for u too, tocallo (Isn't that the spanish word for people with the same name?? I guess it might as well be b-days... :blink:  :P )

:lol:

Yes, Birthday Girl, the word is spelled "tocayo." [to-kái-yo]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, young one. May you live ten thousand years.

I'm singing Las Manañitas for you!

What better way to start a new year, my 15th, than clean and forgiven??

The Lord is watching out for me, and he's showing me that if i trust in him, he'll find a way!!!!!!!!!

YAY FOR CONFESSION!!!!!!!!!!

The Lord IS watching out for you, girl!!!!! He loves you so much!!!! Remember that when things seem horrible. Pax.

Happy Birthday VeraMaria! God bless you! glad you were able to recieve a new effusion of the Precious Blood poured upon your soul on your Birthday... confession that is!

Happy Birthday Vera, and may God Bless you on this Blessed day. I hope you get what you want and even more I hope you continue to grow in your faith. Prayers on your bday....I'll think of you when I'm driving my grandma to the airport tommorrow. God Bless †††

i thought it was just quince in spanish.  quince anos?

yes, but when a girl turns 15, she's called a quinceanera.

but i don't have the enie on my keyboard. <_< :blink:

That's right! The hispanic "sweet 16" comes a year early!

By the way, Vera, I don't have all those fancy Spanish letters on my keyboard either. But you may find these quite helpful:

Alt+1+3+0 = é

Alt+1+4+4 = É

Alt+1+6+0 = á

Alt+1+6+1 = í

Alt+1+6+2 = ó

Alt+1+6+3 = ú

Alt+1+6+4 = ñ

Alt+1+6+5 = Ñ

Alt+1+6+8 = ¿

Alt+1+7+3 = ¡

Note: You must enter these codes using the number pad on the right side of the keyboard. Otherwise it won't work.

Anywho, ¿vas a tener una fiesta grande con tus amigos? ¿Vas a bailar con tu padre? ¿Y con tu novio? Tienes un novio, ¿verdad?

-Mark

• 1 year later...