the_rev Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 I work with this one guy twice a week, he's the delivery guy. And well he has something against the Cathoilc Church. Andy, told him one day I wanted to be a priest, ever since he has called me a child molester, asked me if I like little boys, tells everyone that we;ll see my name in teh newspaper and in jail within twenty years and always is awful and nasty he can be to me. When Jesus said Pick up your cross and follow me I know what he means now. It really is hard to be called to the consecrated life in today's society and that is sad because of all the good that the consecrated do. Should i talk to the management about it, file harrassment, quit, or just be humble and show him what humility is? Let me know! Yours in Christ, Eddie Lee
MissScripture Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 I'd say file harassment. That should qualify. And his problem shouldn't be your problem. I mean even if he doesn't like the church he should keep it to himself. And being humble doesn't mean letting other people get away with wrong doing.
geetarplayer Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 I would try to straighten it out with him first. If he persists, talk to management. God bless, Eddie! Stay strong. -Mark
Guest Eremite Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 If you told him you wanted to be a Jewish rabbi, and he started saying you would become a greedy no-good who wants to take over the world and eat the blood of Christian children, it wouldn't be tolerated. Neither should this. If it's really that bad, definitely talk to management. But if you can just grit your teeth and bear with it, do so. Don't pay him any mind, and always be charitable.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 File harassment and if he keeps it up, just keep your cool and show him Christian charity.
ofpheritup Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 (edited) [quote name='geetarplayer' date='Jul 25 2005, 10:35 PM']I would try to straighten it out with him first. If he persists, talk to management. God bless, Eddie! Stay strong. -Mark [right][snapback]659126[/snapback][/right] [/quote] THIS IS GREAT ADVICE...State your case with him tell him how his behavior is making you feel and why you want it to stop. Talk to him first, if he doesn't listen go to management. What is going on has a name it is called Religious Discrimination and it is against the law. The company can get sued if they do not step in and stop the harrassment. I have been in your situation before. I kept a journal of the person's behavior. If you go to management they are going to ask for details. So have them ready to include the day you asked him to stop. Eddie I just thought of something I think he has singled you out because of your age. I don't believe he would try this with someone older. I am getting the impression he is doing this because he thinks he can get away with it. He is a bully. I see this everyday at school. As long as you let it continue it will. Bullying at work was covered on a morning show a couple of months back on ABC. Two books I would recommend are THE BULLY AT WORK and USE WHAT YOU'VE GOT. Edited July 26, 2005 by ofpheritup
the_rev Posted July 26, 2005 Author Posted July 26, 2005 Yeah I think I should talk to the assistant manager, whose been a family freind before I was even born. I can talk to him better than I could the manager so I will stop by after mass tomorrow.
the_rev Posted July 26, 2005 Author Posted July 26, 2005 I have already tried talkign to him, it doesn't work.
MilesChristi Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 "Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'" --St. Josemaria [i]The Way[/i], n.174 Prayers for you, brother. I hope everything works out okay...
ofpheritup Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 [quote name='MilesChristi' date='Jul 25 2005, 11:10 PM']"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'" --[right][snapback]659158[/snapback][/right] [/quote] IT IS STILL AGAINST THE LAW. Before we had these laws I was in a situation where because of the stress of having to deal with a coworker I had an ulcer and was throwing up blood. Management did nothing because at that time they didn't have to. I am grateful we have them now. We should pray for this person. But he is a bully and he needs to be stopped.
Guest T-Bone Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 [quote name='the_rev' date='Jul 25 2005, 09:54 PM']I have already tried talkign to him, it doesn't work. [right][snapback]659145[/snapback][/right] [/quote] He's just trying to get a rise out of you. People like this, if they persist need to be struck with a hammer. (Not literaly.) Talk to a manager, his behavior is not to be tolerated.
geetarplayer Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 [quote name='jdawg83' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:25 AM']Punch him in the face, ya wuss! [right][snapback]659329[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
toledo_jesus Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 explain to him why he shouldn't say those things. If he keeps it up, tell him you are going to management and then go regardless of what he says afterwards. one more chance and then bam. definitely talk to your family friend.
Cathurian Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 Yeah. Tell him if he doesn't stop you're going to management. Prayers for you Eddie. God bless you.
thessalonian Posted July 26, 2005 Posted July 26, 2005 [quote name='the_rev' date='Jul 25 2005, 10:54 PM']I have already tried talkign to him, it doesn't work. [right][snapback]659145[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Don't enable him. Talk to his boss. You are doing him no good by allowing him to persist in the offensive behavior. It's very unprofessional and should not be tolerated. Do pray him. Blessed
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now