Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted July 27, 2005 Posted July 27, 2005 A little boy was walking down a dirt road after church one Sunday afternoon when he came to a crossroads where he met a little girl coming from the other direction. "Hello," said the little boy. "Hi," replied the little girl. "Where are you going?" asked the little boy. "I've been to church this morning and I'm on my way home," answered the little girl. "Me too," replied the little boy. "I'm also on my way home from church." "Which church do you go to?" asked the little boy. "I go to the Baptist church back down the road," replied the little girl. "What about you?" "I go to the Catholic church back at the top of the hill," replied the little boy. They discover that they are both going the same way so they decided that they'd walk together. They came to a low spot in the road where spring rains had partially flooded the road so there was no way that they could d get across to the other side without getting wet. "If I get my new Sunday dress wet my Mom's going to skin me alive," said the little girl. "My Mom'll tan my hide too if I get my new Sunday suit wet," replied the little boy. "I tell you what I think I'll do," said the little girl. "I'm gonna pull off all my clothes and hold them over my head and wade across." "That's a good idea," replied the little boy. "I'm going to do the same thing with my suit." So they both undressed and waded across to the other side without getting their clothes wet. They were standing there in the sun waiting to drip dry before putting their clothes back on when the little boy finally remarked, "You know, I never knew before just how much difference there really is between a Baptist and a Catholic."
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted July 27, 2005 Author Posted July 27, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 27 2005, 11:18 AM'] What am I to do with you? [right][snapback]660985[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I didn't make it up....I just read it in an email I received!
Old_Joe Posted July 27, 2005 Posted July 27, 2005 at first I thought this might be a story about you two
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted July 27, 2005 Author Posted July 27, 2005 [quote name='Old_Joe' date='Jul 27 2005, 11:25 AM']at first I thought this might be a story about you two [right][snapback]661001[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Not quite....
Brother Adam Posted July 27, 2005 Posted July 27, 2005 [quote name='Old_Joe' date='Jul 27 2005, 12:25 PM']at first I thought this might be a story about you two [right][snapback]661001[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Christie_M Posted July 27, 2005 Posted July 27, 2005 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Jul 27 2005, 10:01 AM']A little boy was walking down a dirt road after church one Sunday afternoon when he came to a crossroads where he met a little girl coming from the other direction. "Hello," said the little boy. "Hi," replied the little girl. "Where are you going?" asked the little boy. "I've been to church this morning and I'm on my way home," answered the little girl. "Me too," replied the little boy. "I'm also on my way home from church." "Which church do you go to?" asked the little boy. "I go to the Baptist church back down the road," replied the little girl. "What about you?" "I go to the Catholic church back at the top of the hill," replied the little boy. They discover that they are both going the same way so they decided that they'd walk together. They came to a low spot in the road where spring rains had partially flooded the road so there was no way that they could d get across to the other side without getting wet. "If I get my new Sunday dress wet my Mom's going to skin me alive," said the little girl. "My Mom'll tan my hide too if I get my new Sunday suit wet," replied the little boy. "I tell you what I think I'll do," said the little girl. "I'm gonna pull off all my clothes and hold them over my head and wade across." "That's a good idea," replied the little boy. "I'm going to do the same thing with my suit." So they both undressed and waded across to the other side without getting their clothes wet. They were standing there in the sun waiting to drip dry before putting their clothes back on when the little boy finally remarked, "You know, I never knew before just how much difference there really is between a Baptist and a Catholic." [right][snapback]660935[/snapback][/right] [/quote] do you mind if I send this in my e-mail?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now