An Old School Catholic Message Board

I might go to a Carmelite retreat!

zabbazooey

It's official!!! They said my godmother can go and they put me on the list for the retreat!!! Entering here would be like a dream come true!!

I can't wait until October 13th!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That must be so exciting!!!!!! I'm so glad that it seems to be working out!!!! Yay!!! I'm very happy for you!!! Prayers as always......

Personally, I'm praying REALLY hard that I might come and visit the Lockport Dominicans from the 24 Sept-7 Oct......this is sooooooooooo unlikely as I have my huge exams about a month later (I should use the holidays to study.) and also, it'll be close to $2600!!!!!!!!!!! And my parents could very easily say no........

Anyway, God bless and Mary protect you all.

That is so cool!! When I read the name of the order, something in my brain 'clicked' and I finally figured out what it was! I believe the Mother Superior of those Carmelites is the younger sister of one of my college chaplains, who wrote my letter of recommendation so I could enter the convent this fall! ;)

[quote name='crusader03' date='Aug 1 2005, 05:20 PM']St. Louis. :) (I'm 99% sure!!)
[right][snapback]667711[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sr. Mary Joseph Heisler? If so, then yeah...

I visited Christendom and he told me all about how she was his sister.

I met her when she was in Steubenville for the vocation fair about five years ago.

Haha, that's awesome! Yes, I thought her name was Sr. Mary Joseph... Anyhow, just out of curiosity, when did you visit Christendom? Must have been in the past semester...

Just to clear things up (sorry I was confusing in my earlier posts)... Fr. Heisler's sister (Sr. Mary Joseph) is superior of the Carmelites DCJ. He, however, wrote my recommendation so I could enter the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. :)

[quote name='crusader03' date='Aug 1 2005, 08:43 PM']Haha, that's awesome! Yes, I thought her name was Sr. Mary Joseph... Anyhow, just out of curiosity, when did you visit Christendom? Must have been in the past semester...

Just to clear things up (sorry I was confusing in my earlier posts)... Fr. Heisler's sister (Sr. Mary Joseph) is superior of the Carmelites DCJ. He, however, wrote my recommendation so I could enter the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist. :)
[right][snapback]667986[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Actually., I visited Christendom in the summer of 1999.

Ok, summer... that would explain things! He's a diocesan priest, but last Christmas he was assigned to Christendom. Makes life more amusing. ;)