Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Local Ncyc Goer Suprised


Recommended Posts

Posted

OK, we know that the Knowdaverbs front man is named "Verbs" right? Well, researching various Texan graffiti crew websites, I found out about a certain crew there who has a writer named "VERBS". I wasn't suprised at this because a newstand at my hotel had "*VERBS*" scrawled on it in some sort of white ink or something. I also saw some various (but amesome) graffiti pieces all around Houston bearing the name of "VERBS". I even saw one up close when my bus stopped and on top of another artist's piece, it said "MSK GraFF BOMB MOVE TO THA MUSIC". Is this too much of a coincedence or what? :ph34r: ;)

Posted

I'm still trying to find out if Verbs is Catholic.

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

he performed at ncyc at the stadium for all of us.....his okay

but i like phatmass and P5C hands down!!

:D

and from what i've heard verbs is christian...haven't heard yet his catholic but then again im not sure.

:unsure:

Posted

I thought Knowdaverbs was amesome!! Too bad it got cut short tho, I was really enjoying it!! I agree that Phatmass and P5C are better tho!! :D

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

WELCOME TO PHATMASS KARISSA!!!

we love newbies!!

don't be afraid of us!!

did you get to see phatmass perform at NCYC or did you buy a cd?

God bless and pax christi!

glad your here!

+JMJ

Posted

yo...

the dude (frontman) is named KNOWDAVERBS.... for short, he goes by VERBS.

Like Soulhier the manCHILD just goes by manCHILD.

he is not a graffer.... so those peices are prolly by someone else. it is a coincidence.

and i still dont know if he's Catholic. the only balck Catholics i've ever seen are from Louisiana.... i don't know why... but it jsut like that.

but he could be.

but i bet he's not Jewish

Posted

but i bet he's not Jewish

Speaking of which, I saw some people wearing a Jewish hexagram on their neck. What the heck were they doing there? :blink:

Posted

Speaking of which, I saw some people wearing a Jewish hexagram on their neck. What the heck were they doing there? 

Messianic Jew: A Simple Definition

A Messianic Jew is a Jewish person who believes that Yeshua (Jesus) is their Messiah. Some people think that a Jewish person who believes in Jesus is no longer a Jew. But what could possibly be more Jewish than believing in the Jewish Messiah, Yeshua?

:)

Peep em at THE MESSIANIC JEW HOMEPAGE!!! YAY!!!

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

alot of kids that went to the phatmass booth liked you guys waaaaaaaaaaay better than verbs.

they said he was too slow.

and that you guys weren't.

:D i agree.

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

and i was thinking...marsill could also be at the next one. that would be amesome.

they would make a splash just like phatmass did!!

B)

Posted

Yeshua (pronounced Yeh-Soo-ah?) that's in arabic too

Posted

hello littleflower!!

No, unfortunately I didn't get to see them perform because the group i was with isn't really into hiphop or anything. I bought the cd's tho and i cant stop listening to them!! Thanks for the warm welcome! it's much appreciated!! :D have a wonderful saturday!!

Posted

"WHat you need is Yeshua. Yes you! unoriginal lyrical individuals need a spirtual miracle so spherical thoughts will intercede the divisble..."

Posted (edited)

Haha...that's cool. When I saw those rappers on that ghetto stage, I just passed 'em over. Guess I missed out...aw, whatever. I listen mostly to weird Korean hip hop anyway. :PHoney Family - Ryaep Gyoe 2 :blink:

Edited by nikkan_hanil
Posted

Speaking of which, I saw some people wearing a Jewish hexagram on their neck. What the heck were they doing there?  :blink:

Prolly didn't show their "Catholic IDs" to get it...

:wacko:

Posted

Haha...that's cool. When I saw those rappers on that ghetto stage, I just passed 'em over. Guess I missed out...aw, whatever. I listen mostly to weird Korean hip hop anyway. :PHoney Family - Ryaep Gyoe 2  :blink:

KOREAN HIP HOP???

DOPE!!!

Do you have any samples???

Posted

KOREAN HIP HOP???

DOPE!!!

Do you have any samples???

Didn't you check out that music file that attached with my last post? Aww well, anyway, check out LeesSang. The site needs Flash, takes a long time to load, but check out the music section. I think my favorite CD is the one with the backwards "S" (which is really the Korean "L" sound). My reccomendations: "Yes, OK!", "RUSH", "끝으로", "Wammin' Up", "으라챠챠-Wake Up", man, shoot...I like 'em all! Anyone who as ANY respect for hip hop needs to check this out for the music alone. LeesSang is a side project of Honey Family. :ph34r:

Posted

i wish i knew what they were saying... that Korean Hip Hop sounds better than tons of American hip hop! lol THAT is funny

Posted (edited)

i wish i knew what they were saying... that Korean Hip Hop sounds better than tons of American hip hop! lol THAT is funny

Listen to "YES OK!". In there, the chorus says "You can do it! OK!" and the first rapper shouts "...chewing gum like Harry Potter!" and In "Wammin' up" They say "Ha! Thank you very much!" and a couple of curses. Beware the speed and accents though. :P

Edited by nikkan_hanil
Posted

My reccomendations: "Yes, OK!", "RUSH", "끝으로", "Wammin' Up", "으라챠챠-Wake Up", man, shoot...I like 'em all! Anyone who as ANY respect for hip hop needs to check this out for the music alone. LeesSang is a side project of Honey Family. :ph34r:

In other words...the only English titled tracks?? :lol:

These cats are dope...I wish I knew what they were sayin'!

(Then again, they probably hear us and wonder the same thing!)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...