An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is my drug store turning slightly Catholic?

Anastasia13

They are selling rosaries and even restocked one of the colors. There are also some little cross things in the gifts area, although the little clear things crosses in them are all but gone.

[quote name='iggy' date='Aug 9 2005, 10:54 PM']I know a K- mart I visted in NM had scented Rosary air fresheners... was it anything like that?
[right][snapback]679595[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
What-huh? Rosary air fresheners? What's that, get high on fragrance chemicals while praying?

No, this was like a real rosary. I got one with red beads that are joined by chain-like metal connector things like the Knights of Columbus one I have. The Mary bead thing is smaller than that one though and is almost more like a figure cut out, and the cross is more of a straight edge cross than a shaped one but has a figure of Jesus on the front. I got one of the pretty red ones that mentioned Jesus instead of something like a guardian angel. One the back it of the paper part of the label it says:

[i][b]Consectration ot the Sacred Heart of Jesus[/b]

Most sweet Jesus, Redeemer of the human race, look down upon us. We wish to be Your humble servants; but to be more surely united with You, each one of us freely consecrates himself today to Your most Sacred Heart.

Many have known You; many, too, have rejected You. Have mercy on them all, most merciful Jesus, and draw them all to Your Sacred Heart.

May You be recognized as Savior by all those who still are in the darkness of disbelief. Draw them into the light and kingdom of God.

Grant, O Lord, to Your Church freedom and immunity from harm; give peace and order to all nations, an dmake the earth resound from pole to pole with one cry: Praise to the divine Heart that wrought our salvation; to It be glory and honor forever.
Amen.[/i]

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Aug 9 2005, 11:02 PM']I thought you were going to say your drug store doesn't sell condoms.
[right][snapback]679606[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm not married. I wouldn't think to look.

IcePrincessKRS

Thats really cool L&T....

I'd be shocked (in a good way!) if my drugstore or grocery store didn't sell condoms... I never actually look for them but they are in the same aisle as things like razors, and on the shelf above things like pregnancy tests. lol

Edited by IcePrincessKRS

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Aug 10 2005, 01:13 AM']Condoms should not be sold to people under the age of 19. Or 18.
[right][snapback]679723[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
If you ask me condoms should not even be manufactured. They're grotesque. The money spent on condoms should be spent on awesome chastity programs for youth and NFP programs for the married.
That would be a part of my utopian vision. :)