Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thanksgiving


Recommended Posts

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Alright! Let's get a Thanksgiving list started, and then give it to God! Let's start counting our blessings!

I'll start with ten, and if you can, add ten of your own, without duplicating mine!

Alright, ready? Here we go!

1. God's salvation of us through His Son's blood.

2. A loving husband who works very hard to provide for us.

3. Close friends that care so much for me that they came from down South to the North so that they could be in my wedding!

4. A mom-in-law that I get along with :)

5. A job that I enjoy doing (at least most of the time).

6. Co-workers that are more than just co-workers, they're friends!

7. The internet (without it I'd never have met any of you!)

8. The gift of this job, especially in this economy!

9. dUSt for creating this site where I can learn what Catholicism is really about!

10. Each and every one of you! You have all blessed me so much, thank you!

In Christ,

Teresa

Posted

I honestly don't know where to start, but here's a simple and humble thing.

I am thankful for having such amesome and holy flatmates.

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

That's sounds like a great place to start, Uncle Gus!

Posted

1.phamily

2.phriends

3.possesions

4.love

5.confession

6.mass

7.prayer

8.God

8.da cross

9.Mother Mary & da otha saints

10.Music

11.Christian hip-hop, phatmass

12.the net, da pope

13.food

14.water

15.turkey

16.The Bible (need to start readin it gain)

17.Anti Abortion

18.God's help

19.the conversion of sinners

20.mankind.

Now I'm gunna hafta remember to look upon these things a bit during thanksgiving.

Posted

I might repeat, so forgive me if I do:

I'm thankful for (not necessarily in this order):

1. my family

2. my phamily

3. Pope John Paul II

4. the Eucharist

5. confession

6. Mary

7. being healthy

8. my boyfriend

9. my job

10. my home

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

That's great! Let's keep the lists coming!

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

1. my parents, family and PHAMILY

2. the eucharist and visiting Jesus in the Blessed Holy Sacrament of Adoration

3. my health, freedom, friends, FOR THE GIFT OF LIFE!!!

4. the Blessed Mother Mary, Queen of Heaven, for always guiding me and interceding for me and leading me to Her Son, Jesus Christ,

5. the sacrament of Confession

6. POPE JOHN PAUL II!!!!!!

7. the Catholic Church!

8. The rosary, novenas, and all prayers given to us

9. for all the priests in the world who are the instruments and vessels to God's grace

10. all the saints and angels of Heaven!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

great thread teresa!!

:) :D

Posted

1. Life through the father,and of the son, and of the holy spirit

2.My Wife who has stuck by me through much

3. My Beautiful two Sons

4.My two pits "Boxer" and "Blanca"

5.Ice Cream Sandwiches

6. My kids in my CCD class, even those two little knuckleheads

7.Phatmass, except Blazer

8.Hot Suace

9.Lowriders

10. Burritos

Posted

7.Phatmass, except Blazer

Oh, admit it....you're even thankful for Blazer ;)

Posted

I was hopin he would catch that :lol:

P>S> Iwould also like to send out extra thanks too DAVE, tina, and flowery, and of course Mr. Stephen Sanchez

Posted

I would like to thank God for:

1.so many browns on this board, yes that's you too FS ;)

2. my family, my Phatmass Phamily who in turn have given me and helped me grow in my Catholic faith.

3. For all the YM, priests and parishoners i work with as well as the kids I work with, who grow constantly in thier faith and challenge me to do the same.

4. For my 1st grade CCD class, who I am there to teach, but every Sunday they are teaching me.

5. For the birds singing outside. What a beautiful sound and peaceful reminder of God's love for us.

6. Carne quisada tacos, so very tasty and good for you,/rice/beans and tamales :P

7. For my older brother who always cleans my truck or replaces small lights.

8. For my education field. All the teachers and classmates who are journeying along with me following this vocation, helping me be the best teacher i can.

9. Smiles from strangers

10. For all my senses, especially my hearing. I am able to jam out to the Phatmass and P5C CD's.

11. For my little brothers who help me remain as playful ( or immature) as possible.

there is more though...... ;)

Posted

I don't wanna repeat so ....

1. Baby Hammer

2. Bethany, my goddaughter who is my Angel on Earth

3. Tristan-Man - her brother who is my Angel in Heaven

4. Snow

5. Books

6. Flannel jammies

Posted

This is simple, the gift of life and love are the greatest gifts of all that I am most thankful for.

Praise Be Jesus Christ, Now and Forever...Praise Christ the King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Posted

I'm thankful for Our Lady who said "Yes" to God and made the gift of Christ possible!

jwwaterhouse-%20the%20annunciation.jpg

Faithful heart
Posted

1. The Father, the son and the Holy Spirit

2. Mother Mary who is always there to love and help

3. My husband who loves and takes care of his family, who also shares our commitment in God with me.

4. My children, who remind me that there is a loving God.

5. My family who I love

6. My warm house

7. The food on my table

8. The good health of my family

9.prayer, the rosary, The Catholic Church, priests, The sacraments ect...

10.Hope

11. Last but not least, all my friends at home and all of you here at Phatmass!

CatholicAndFanatical
Posted

I am thankful for

1. Jesus Christ who continues to be patient with me and still love me even though im so not worthy

2. My two wonderful kids who I pray to God will one day become my Father and Sister.

3. My wonderful parents, my PhatMass Phamily who keep me straight even though no one response to my posts :(

4. My Wonderful Parish and all the amesome Priests that are in my area.

5. For the Blessed Mothers courage and her faithful spouse St. Joseph as they raised and taught Jesus.

6. For my job even though i work with a bunch of hill jacks.

7. For Pope John Paul II for his courage, strength, faith, Leadership, example, love and his meekness..

8. For MC Just for given me my handle (although he didnt know it) and my giving me the best question you can ask a Catholic in this day and age, the enfamous "ARE YOU READY FOR A WAR!" - pick up those rosaries yo, were going to battle.

9. For my kids mom's parents for showing me the way to Christ's Church, they are very devout people, who gave me my first rosary and taught me how to pray it. My God Bless continue to Bless them.

10. For Dust for bringing phatmass.com into play and for the CD. I dont know where id be in my life if I didnt find PhatMass.com one day while searching for Catholic Music. Thanks bro for all you have done. I also thank dust for that bonus track on the CD, that was the coolest the song i've ever heard, especially when your daughter came into play..lol amesome.

11. I forgot..taco's..gotta be thankful for Taco's right? :D

k, sorry for the long list.

I have nothing but Love for everyone of you guys here on PhatMass, sorry if my posts come off whacked sometimes..im working on it.

CatholicAndFanatical

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

aww....steve your soo amesome!! you mean so much to us here at phatmass too!

and dont' you EVER forget that!!!

i always got to make sure our steve is here...our CatholicAndFanatical!!

God bless you steve!!

+JMJ

:wub:

ps my fav song is track 17..now that song pumps me up!!! like for reals!!

CatholicAndFanatical
Posted

hehe thank you flowey :wub:

I really appreciate that, your definitly a cool chic, im glad you are here too. Its a blessing to be able to share the phorum with ya.

and the "Gate of Hell" is an amesome song, I get pumped on that one too..lol I was at a stop light today and had my windows down bumping to that song, I looked over and people were looking at me..lol it was amesome, what a great way to represent.

Did Just get alot of kids to sing those parts or was it just a few and then layered to make it sound fuller? Pretty amazing.

CatholicAndFanatical

Posted

most of mine were already said, but i'll go w/ the ones who weren't or at least i don't think

1. my vocation

2. my amesome spiritual director

3. all the people the lord has put in my liffe to lead me to Him especially all the seminarians

...thats it i guess

CatholicAndFanatical
Posted

bump!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...