An Old School Catholic Message Board

In like?

zabbazooey

Okay I like this guy....and he's so cool. He's perfect.

He's gorgeous, funny, clever, just everything.

Except he makes fun of Catholicism, God, Jesus, and nuns.

WHY AM I ATTRACTED TO HIM?!??!! :pinch:

I know I can't help it, but everything else is just so wonderful.

WHY HIM, LORD? I CAN'T CONVERT HIM! :idontknow:

Why can't I just be a nun?!?!? :wacko:

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Aug 19 2005, 11:54 AM']Okay I like this guy....and he's so cool. He's perfect.

He's gorgeous, funny, clever, just everything.

Except he makes fun of Catholicism, God, Jesus, and nuns.

WHY AM I ATTRACTED TO HIM?!??!!  :pinch:

I know I can't help it, but everything else is just so wonderful.

WHY HIM, LORD? I CAN'T CONVERT HIM!  :idontknow:

Why can't I just be a nun?!?!?  :wacko:
[right][snapback]690391[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

"Except he makes fun of Catholicism, God, Jesus, and nuns."
That's a huge exception! Pray to our Mother for him and focus your attention on Jesus not this guy. This is the moment that you need to pray even more.

I'm so going to regret telling you all this, but he throws his cigarette butts at pro-life activists. :pinch:

He's a jerk, but I like him for some odd reason!!!!!

I know I need to focus my attention on Jesus, but I see him at least twice a week. Every time I see T___, I'm going to visit Our Lord double that

Hehehe, I know what you're going through, to a certain extent. Except the guy I like(d) was an agnostic. I find it great to practice apologetics on him!!! However, as I grow surer of my call to the cloister, I don't have the same level of attraction for him...

Yes, he probably is lovely, but just pray as to whether its what you want, or what GOD wants!!!!!

Mutual prayers!

cmotherofpirl

God may be showing you the cost of what you are giving up, by giving you someone that you couls possibily be vwery compatable with.

Grace is not cheap.

Thanks, cmom!

I never thought of it like that before!

That gives me a whole new perspective!!!!!!!

:yahoo:

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Aug 19 2005, 11:18 PM']Grace is not cheap.
[right][snapback]691340[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

AMEN

All For Jesus

I don't know the whole story, but it sounds like he's the kinda guy that wouldn't be good for you. If you start to date a guy, he needs to be someone who wants to help you grow in your faith.- someone who wants to help you become a saint! Also, you're trying to discern your vocation...he could be a major distraction. That could just add more confusion than you may already have...just something to think about.

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

God put him in your life for a reason, so pray that him makes that clear and stick you ground about your faith, you example may help him. and you can convert him, moreover christ may convert him throuh you.

I replied to your post, but somehow maybe it got deleted? So, I am going to post my reply again.

I think this is a perfect opportunity for you to find out what exactly is behind this guy's dislike of Catholicism and God. Hatred is learned or taught; it is not natural. You might be the one person who he will listen to and if you can gently let him know how much God loves him whether he believes it or not, you are ministering to him, and there is grace in that act. I don't think we can write people off and expect that we are walking with the Lord. Give it a try. You might make all the difference in the world in this guys life, just by being his friend.