Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Calling All Knights Of Mary


Are you in the Militia Immaculata  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm a member of the Militia Immaculata and also a Knight at the Foot of the Cross.  The Knights at the Foot of the Cross are a subdivision of the Militia Immaculata.  Typically, these are people afflicted by some extraordinary suffering -- illness, disability, mental problems, death in the family, etc.  There are many things that could "qualify."  The KFCs "participate in 'redemptive suffering' (also called sacrificial or reparational suffering).  This means they offer some of their daily prayers and trials to Jesus and Mary, who apply these gifts where grace is needed most, such as to convert hearts and save souls, to make amends for the sins of others, and ultimately to bring about the reign of the Sacred Heart of Jesus."  The website goes on to say: "Supernaturally, KFCs are perhaps the most important members of the MI -- a spiritual powerhouse."  For more information on the Knights at the Foot of the Cross, click here.

I became a member of the Militia Immaculata on January 1st of this year, the Solemnity of the Mother of God.  I later decided to become a Knight at the Foot of the Cross as well, and I did that on September 15th, the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows.  I decided to become a KFC because of my same-sex attractions and the suffering they bring me, and now with the passing of my grandmother I've also been offering up the pain from that as well.

That's amesome, GF! Do you know Michael Newmann? He's a KFC with Muscular Dystrophy, and I've met him several times.. he is SO inspiring!!

CatholicAndFanatical
Posted

Thanks for the info everyone. So on the 27th huh..sounds good to me. I can hit confession on Wednesday and figure out a way to go to mass before then to prepare me.. :D

Cool, im gonna be a MI!! YEEHAW!

CatholicAndFanatical

Posted

I've been so busy that I havn't even looked at anything, the only thing I know about the MI is what I read in the Bud McFarlan books.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...