An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kanye West "Late Registration"

Dj 86

On the whole.....I'm not really digging this new album.

A few good tracks....but not something I would listen to more than a week or so.

The skits are really stupid to me, and his flow, voice, and lyrics really irratate me for some reason....his over inflated ego maybe?

I personally can't listen to him rap for more than a verse or two, but his beats kept me listening. The majority of beats on this sound like "throw-aways" to me.

The best tracks are the ones that were released on the radio already. I still can't get over the fact that he used the classic Curtis Mayfield "Move On Up" sample. That beat sounds real good to me.

I was really hyped about this album because I was expecting the beats to be on par with "College Drop Out". I was glad he stoped using the chipmonk sped up samples, but let down cause I was expecting more from the self appointed "New Pete Rock".... hahhahahaha what was he thinking??

Looks like he was trying to push the envelope on this album and wound up making it a little too far to the left IMO.

I give it a 3 out of 5 rating..

But I'm a certified player hater..so don't take my word for it.

[quote name='Dj 86' date='Aug 22 2005, 11:48 PM']But I'm a certified player hater..so don't take my word for it.
[right][snapback]695164[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

haha me 2 dogg
hows that song with camron ??
i think its called "crack music"
heard thats supposed to be tight
and the one song with paul wall
i think its called driven slow ??

[quote name='Apollo' date='Aug 22 2005, 11:56 PM']Thanks for the word up, 86.

Just one question...how have you heard it???

The album isn't supposed to drop until the 30th.
[right][snapback]695321[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

He's got the hook up...

I cant stand Kayne West

One thing I hate worse than a rapper who just raps drugs and hos cars and clothes is one who mixes Jesus in it-not to mention his stereotypical near racism lyrics

"the white folks dont want us to eat"

"Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack
And a white man get paid off of all of that"

Not to mention his persona outside of music, downing artists who won an award he didnt and constantly whining about this and that.

Kayne is probably one of my least fav rappers

[quote name='Krush2k2' date='Aug 23 2005, 09:27 PM']I cant stand Kayne West

One thing I hate worse than a rapper who just raps drugs and hos cars and clothes is one who mixes Jesus in it-not to mention his stereotypical near racism lyrics

"the white folks dont want us to eat"

"Drug dealer buy Jordans, crackhead buy crack
And a white man get paid off of all of that"

Not to mention his persona outside of music
[right][snapback]696712[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wait a sec...not that I disagree with you...but are you talkin' about Tupac or Kanye?

[quote name='inDEED' date='Aug 24 2005, 12:22 AM']Wait a sec...not that I disagree with you...but are you talkin' about Tupac or Kanye?
[right][snapback]696742[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:o

i love kanye... he is actually a huge influence on my music...

but havent heard the new album except for the singles. im eager to hear it. and im not a player hater =)

86- howd u hear it?

Big Bank Kanye, out with a new album already. I won't be copping this -- I can't stand the guy.

He has got to be the biggest whiner in hip-hop.

[quote name='Nathan' date='Aug 24 2005, 05:51 PM']He has got to be the biggest whiner in hip-hop.
[right][snapback]697779[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:yes:

Kayne would be like if a preacher had a sermon released about Jesus and how he saves, then when you attend his church your offered drugs and hoes at the entrance. His lead single was Jesus Walks then the rest of the album, altho nice beats, had substance of drugs, hoes, etc... Tupac didnt put out a Christian single and make money off of it then use that to have people buy his album. Kayne used the God rollercoaster to sell, I just dont like him.