Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

2.98 here NOW! There is one gas station at 2.69 and they have a line one mile long.

Your brother in Christ,

Eddie Lee

FlyLikeABird
Posted

gas prices are just too high

I'm glad I take buses

Fides_et_Ratio
Posted

I paid $2.52 today

blah.

Posted

[quote name='Nicole8223' date='Aug 30 2005, 11:05 AM']$2.45......low compared to most, but still ridiculous!
[right][snapback]705014[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ditto...that's what it was yesterday at least.....it's on the up and up though....today it was 2.51

Posted

[quote]Syphoning gas by sucking it up is dangerous and illegal.[/quote]

:lol_pound:

I think it is so funny. It looks like us Canucks pay less... And then you convert it.

I don't understand... My province PRODUCES oil. That is our backbone. how can it be so expensive???

Posted

[quote name='prose' date='Aug 30 2005, 02:34 PM']:lol_pound:

I think it is so funny.  It looks like us Canucks pay less...  And then you convert it.

I don't understand...  My province PRODUCES oil.  That is our backbone.  how can it be so expensive???
[right][snapback]705227[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Because international accords force oil producing nations to expert oil in quantities that they have done so in the past. Thus, if Canada exported x barrels of oil for 20 years to the US, they must continue to do so. failure to do so when they are able to do so can be construed as an act of war. Thus, even though Canada produces and exports oil, it remains expensive due to the fact that much of the oil produced must be exported and cannot be kept inside the nation.

toledo_jesus
Posted

ranges from $2.48 and 9/10/gallon to 2.69 9/10/gallon.

Posted

[quote]Because international accords force oil producing nations to expert oil in quantities that they have done so in the past. Thus, if Canada exported x barrels of oil for 20 years to the US, they must continue to do so. failure to do so when they are able to do so can be construed as an act of war. Thus, even though Canada produces and exports oil, it remains expensive due to the fact that much of the oil produced must be exported and cannot be kept inside the nation.[/quote]

Wow. I didn't know that.

Can you imagine, Canada picking a WAR?? :lol_pound:

Holy cow that would be funny.

Proud2BCatholic139
Posted

Here in Minnesota, different gas stations are trying to compete. The gas station near my house is now 2.79. In other areas, 2.69 or ONE kind of close to me was 3.69!!! I nearly fainted. However, my brother works at a gas station so I get a discount on gas. Yippy! :D: :) :drool:

franciscanheart
Posted

tom thumb shoppers get discount gas but the stations are always full so its almost not worth it!

Posted

[quote name='Didacus' date='Aug 31 2005, 04:04 AM']1.10$ over here!

(per litre of course... the rest of the world is metric you know...:hehe: )
[right][snapback]705135[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

$1.29 PER LITRE in Australia don't know what that is is gallons just a lot. :maddest:

Posted

$2.87 a gallon....ouch!

Posted

$2.59 last i refilled my tank, good thing i have a 15 Gallon tank

Posted

we've got a 60 gallon tank!!! that's about $60-70!!

Posted

*faints*

Posted

we've got a van....about $400 a month!! not cool!! and you know what?? this is going to be MY car!!

Posted

running on empty... costs refil $70.00 Aus. approx $60.00US
I think

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...