An Old School Catholic Message Board

Opus Dei and stuff......

Cam42

cam, thanks for your explanation. The Work is on my campus and I go to circle every wk. I always have questions but I thought it would be inappropriate to ask the numeraries. so thanks for clearing it up! I spent a lot of time at murray hill in nyc this summer- the building is gorgeous and I love the oratories!

[quote name='Oik' date='Sep 6 2005, 10:36 AM']What did the aesthetics of the Mass that Saint Escriva said look like? From what I heard, it sounds like there was at least a deeper appreiciation of the Aesthetics for the Old Mass. I am of course juxtaposing this with the NO's of our time.

I guess what i'm saying is, did they look like(and sound like) the Masses at St. Agnes?
[right][snapback]712993[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think that to a certain extent it did, however, the Founder had no problem celebrating Mass in either direction. St. Agnes is exclusively ad orientam.

Also, the Masses of the Work normally are not Vianese style high Masses, so there is not nearly the pomp and circumstance of what goes on, on a regular basis at St. Agnes. (caveat: The Work does have a lot of pomp and circumstance for feast days.)

[quote name='msahara' date='Sep 6 2005, 11:25 AM']cam, thanks for your explanation.  The Work is on my campus and I go to circle every wk.  I always have questions but I thought it would be inappropriate to ask the numeraries.  so thanks for clearing it up!  I spent a lot of time at murray hill in nyc this summer- the building is gorgeous and I love the oratories!
[right][snapback]713028[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are you discerning the Work? I would suggest that you approach the leader of your circle and have a serious conversation. It is a great life.

Cam

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Sep 6 2005, 07:58 AM']Can this post be kept somewhere in an Apologetics file?
[right][snapback]712919[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I will put this together and give it to phatcatholic. Thanks for the idea.