An Old School Catholic Message Board

I came back to the Heart of my Vocation

the_rev

Thy Kingdom Come!

As some of you may realize, I put God on the "back burner" to live the normal life of a teenager. However I now realize how wrong that was.

Today Fr. Robert Decseare, LC my spiritual director asked me to go up to this horse ranch for a retreat he was going to be having for Conquest Club, a boys youth group. We would then have spiritual direction up there.

I hadn't talked in person with Fr. Robert since the last time he was up there in December-January.

Mass was so reverent, so beautiful, because the Priest LOVED what he was doing, and you just knew it. He didn't get up on the altar because he HAD to he got up on the altar because he wanted to. You just know that he has a passion, a love, a zeal for our Lord Jesus, especially in the Eucharist.

Then we ate, Grace before meal was very marian centered, helping to call to mind the devotion of a Legionaire has to our mother.

After we ate we had recreational time. I chose to go horseback riding, something I have never done. It was quite an experience, and I loved it.

After that it was time for spiritual direction. We went for a three mile walk, just talking about everything going on in my life analyzing it to the fullest extent. The main thing he said to me was, "You must conform your will into God's will." I took one small step in doing that this evening.

When I drive, I tend to speed, but I challenged on the ride home to conform my will to God's will. My will is to go 5-10 miles over the speed limit, however God's will is to follow the law of Man, to follow the speed limit to help save lives, etc. So that is what I did, I did not speed once on the way home.

Also Fr. Robert invited me to join the Regnum Christi movement in November. I will be making a spiritual excercise retreat, and at that retreat become a member of Regnum Christi. However I must get my mother's approval so I'm going out of my way to be nice. I cleaned the table after dinner, washed the dishes, etc. something I normally wouldn't do. I made small sacrafices of work, so that I can do something greater and better for God.

My mother asked me to call Fr. Robert this week and ask him what he did with her real son. So I am really trying to transform my life at this time as a living sacrafice, and as a testament to the love of our Lord Jesus Christ, and his Blessed Mother. To be a shining example to others who Christ Jesus is. I know realize I can not be any happier than i am now.

So, where am I called to be a priest?

It is quite obvious to me, that God's will is for me to enter the Legion of Christ.

Please say a hail mary for me at this time.

Yours in Christ,

Eddie Lee

MC IMaGiNaZUN

i know that when i had made the decision to enter religious life, and discern the priesthood, it was out of love. An overwhelming love for God, and his people. That i would give myself over for love, not over some orders or regiment. But it is refreshing even for me to remember to recapture that experience with God, and that initial desire.
Thank you once again.
SHALOM

God bless your vocation Rev, no matter where you are called. I know I've had a journey and thought I was called into at least 3 different communities before I started getting to know the Sister I am currently journeying with.

[quote]As some of you may realize, I put God on the "back burner" to live the normal life of a teenager. However I now realize how wrong that was.[/quote]

Aren't living as a Christ-filled teenager? I thought thats what you decided...sharing your devotion to Mary...

Oh well! God bless you and Mary keep....

:) as i pointed out last night.

I wish you the best of luck, but i hope that you consider that God will move you in the right direction and though you think it is the legion now, that might not be where you end up.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

retreats sound cool. i want to be around catholics who are devout. unfourtantley the only ones i know are here on phatmass. i wish my family would understand my relegion.