An Old School Catholic Message Board

A way to change one's confirmation name

Paladin D

God Conquers

I never took one formally... :(

I think I ended up caving in to my parents on St. John Bosco... but he's awesome... I love him.

MissScripture

I just kept my name...I really wish I wouldn't have, now, because I would've taken the name Helen Teresa, but our confirmation class was a joke, and I really wasn't motivated to do the work for it, so I sort of procrastinated until the day the letter to the priest was due, telling him our confirmation names and why...so I just stuck with my name. I really wish I could change it...

Dreamweaver

I'm reminded of an old Girl Scout song. "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold." There's no problem with "adopting" other patron saints and learning more about them, but don't forget about St. Anthony.

I love the story of him preaching to the fish. [url="http://www.wga.hu/art/v/veronese/religion/stantony.jpg"]Here's[/url] a huge painting of it, and an awesome [url="http://www.kurtwenner.com/images/stfrncs.jpg"]sidewalk chalk drawing[/url].

• 14 years later...
HASHTAGTheophilus

I've been hacked. My brothers and sisters in our Lord, Jesus Christ. I come to you with my blessing. I come in the name of the Lord. I am confirmed, Thoephilus. Were you confirmed into a name without your own consent? By your own free will? What kind of god would that be? No god at all. There is no god at all ; except the Lord God Almighty, And His Son, Yeshua, Jesus the Christ, the Anointed. The Name I was given as a child represented the type of acid I had been drugged with. They confirmed me - Felix. My mother thought it meant 'felix', some cat. I dissed that name. I am free as a bird. Praise Jesus, Worship God. My finger points to God. I give everyone who comes to me a shot. If you have something good; a positive way you want to effect change, I am praying for you. And I am praying for my enemies. I don't think I have any, but I pray for them just in case. I give free lessons to all who come to me. My our Lord God's Blessing be upon you. "Lord, blow that seventh trumpet, I pray in the name of Your Son Jesus." Praise God. I say when we are baptized, we need to give our consent. Opus 32. Last Call. Look it up. I changed my name, I say one more thing. Many years ago I typed a question in a box. The questions was,  and I want to know what happened to this thread, "HOW CAN A CATHOLIC CHANGE THEIR CONFIRMATION NAME." The search results came up and one of the first was one that like this or something read, "YES, YOU CAN CHANGE YOU CONFIRMATION NAME; IF:

- YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS OF YOUR ACTIONS

The site allowed for a place to comment. The page explained how easy it could be done. It said there were a lot or reasons that a person may need to reassess the various ways we have come to know our faith is valid when placed under the scrutiny of the bible. There are solid grounds for my words. If any one has questions. I will offer to act as an an authority on the subject. If another master shows up, I will bow down first to play, then to God. I defend my faith to the death as my Father has done with His Son. It is a new day.

Paladin D 2005 - Shout out. I have seen you before. When I was lurking. Are you alive? Are you a spy? How can you tell? You seem intense. If you ever want to chat, I play piano and other things like that. Chalet in the hills. Peace and Love - Sword of Truth - Bruce Pratt

HASHTAGTheophilus

It was Blackstone Boulevard, R.I. 

or

The Cape

Paladin D 2005. I had a white stallion. I was being chased all around the dunes. I had my son with me. My boy. Some one was looking for me when I was trying to change my name. Do you remember me?

On 9/8/2005 at 10:07 PM, Paladin D said:

I'm not sure if I picked a good saint for my Confirmation. St. Anthony of Padua, most of what he's a patron of doesn't relate to me. The only thing that really grabbed me was his willingness to preach the truth of the Catholic Church (thus "Hammer of the heretics" title).

Is there any way to change one's confirmation name?

Also, does this mean I'll become poor, joining the Franciscians, and start looking for people's lost articles? :idontknow: :unsure:

Is this how I do this?

8 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Is that a bot, or someone in the middle of a manic episode?

A bot in the middle of a manic episode.

• 2 weeks later...
quia_pulvis

I did not entirely understand the practice of choosing a saint name and chose not to take one. The way they explained it to me was its the name you would give yourself and I thought "but I like the name my parents gave me".

Now that I am older and understand better, I regret not choosing a name. When people ask I say I was foolish and didn't choose one, but I have "adopted" St Michael the Archangel as my patronage.

• 11 months later...

The parish I was confirmed for some reason has no record of who my confirmation Saint is, so I guess I get two, all saints & all souls. Spooky.